What 10 lbs looks like

Options
Hi everyone,

I notice a lot on the forums that people that don't have a TON of weight to lose get discouraged when their numbers go down slowly, because there are so many people on here trying to lose a much more significant amount of weight that are dropping really quickly. Therefore, I decided to illustrate what a 10 pound loss looks like on someone with a smaller starting point!

10lbs.gif

Looking back at my past numbers, I average around 1350 calories a day (my goal is 1200, so I'm figuring in cheat days), I burn around 250 calories a day doing cardio, and I do strength training 3 times a week. It's a lot of work to have the scale move so slowly! The point is, though, that when you have 30 or less pounds to lose, 10 pounds is a noticeable difference! I've got another 10-15 to go, but I'm ecstatic with my progress. And I'm losing barely over 3 lbs a month. It may be slow, but I'll get there eventually, and so will you!

Replies

• jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I definitely see the changes, keep up the hard work!
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hannah, u look fabuous! Congrats, I need the motivation and very frustrated.

Joanie
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing difference! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Holy moly you look so amazing. You looked great before, btw. 10 pounds is huge, thanks for proving a point. I am losing very slowly as well (1lb a week) and seeing this is inspiring.
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great post and you can definately see the differnece in your photos. Congrats!
  • angie_sample
    Options
    u look great!! :)
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    Wow you look great, I'm at 7 pounds and I hope to see a difference when I get to 10 as well!
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!!! I'm in your exact same situation!!! but those 10 pounds are so hard to loose!! :(((
    I'm working out like you do, and eating 1200 cals super healthy.... but I haven't seen ANY difference! (well, I haven't done too much cardio... I have to add more I guess)
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! You look a lot more firmed up! I too have lost a little over 10 pounds and don't feel like it's much of a difference but I also didn't take pictures at the beginning. Good post, thanks!
  • christineandgeno
    Options
    I can totally see a difference. You look so good. Good luck on reaching your goal.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Holy moly you look so amazing. You looked great before, btw. 10 pounds is huge, thanks for proving a point. I am losing very slowly as well (1lb a week) and seeing this is inspiring.

Thank you! And thanks to everyone else, too :smile: Check back this summer, when hopefully I can show everyone what 25 lbs looks like :wink:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, that's only 10 lbs?
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed to see this.
  • denny36
    denny36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started on the exact same weight as you and am looking towards the same goal as you. I started on 5/03/2012 & have lost 8lbs on scale but didn't really notice it till i tried on some old clothes that wouldn't close and they do now, a bit tight but that's ok as long as i see some progress. I am doing about the same cardio & weight training so it's interesting to see your progress. I am 5"6.
  • McLifterPants
    Options
    I started on the exact same weight as you and am looking towards the same goal as you. I started on 5/03/2012 & have lost 8lbs on scale but didn't really notice it till i tried on some old clothes that wouldn't close and they do now, a bit tight but that's ok as long as i see some progress. I am doing about the same cardio & weight training so it's interesting to see your progress. I am 5"6.

I'm around 5'7", so it sounds like we're in the same boat! Best of luck to you, if I can do it I'm sure you can too!!
  • McLifterPants
    Options
    Holy crap, that's only 10 lbs?

Kinda crazy, right? I think I've probably put on some muscle weight from strength training (which I'd never done in my life before January) so the fat coming off is counter balanced by muscle going on. Measurements are more telling; I've lost 4" around my waist! But I think a lot of people are doing the same things as me and getting similar results, so when they see that they aren't even losing a pound a week they want to give up. That's why I wanted to share: to show everyone that the numbers on the scale aren't everything.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the reminder. I think I might be a slow loser...losing about a half pound a week at best.
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You're doing it the right way.....slow and sure. I've only had the goal to lose 5 lbs but they were the 5 lbs I haven't been able to lose for 24 years. MFP is all about accountability and support. I feels so good to actually eat real food, including good carbs, and exercise and see the difference. Although it's only 5 lbs, I lost 3" in my waist the first four weeks. So, while the scale didn't show much of a change (1 lb per week), the way my clothes fit tells the true story. And by the way, lost the 5th pound yesterday, right on target. I am inspired to live this way as it works. You look great!
  • Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Options
    Wow, your hair got smaller too! j/k :)

That's really remarkable how much difference 10 pounds made!
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes, it really does make a difference. You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!