1 year, 50 pounds + NSV (Pics)

March 22, 2011 - about to drive a Ferrari 458 Italia to haul my butt around Las Vegas Speedway

Before.jpg

March 24, 2012 - after using my own horsepower to haul my butt through a 5.5 mile Spartan Race!

After.jpg

And yes, those are my abs that my wet shirt is clinging to, I never thought I would actually be able to see them!

50 Pounds Gone
From 32% body fat to under 9%
From a high resting heart rate and high blood pressure to a resting heart rate of 40 and great blood pressure
2 weeks until my first official half marathon where I'm shooting for a 1:55 finish
I have more energy than I know what to do with!
I haven't been this weight since high school, and the weight is better proportioned now than it was then - I never wore 30" waist pants back then!

Replies

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Congratulations-- you look fantastic!
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Holy cow, great success! Wonderful stats and great to hear about your energy & fitness!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Wow! look at those abs!! That's hot!! :)
    I have a friend who does all those crazy races.... maybe one day... if I ever conquer running....
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • LesIsMoreXX
    LesIsMoreXX Posts: 169
    Well done! :)
  • Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Thanks everyone! I didn't use MFP to reach my original goal, but it has been very helpful in this final push for abs since eating right is so critical for it. I love seeing everyone else's success stories, thought I would share mine!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look incredibly happy in the "after" photo! Great smile. :smile:
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Looks great. How was that trip in the Ferrari?
  • Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Looks great. How was that trip in the Ferrari?

A dream come true, a great 40th birthday present from my wife! I think I got a lot more satisfaction out of the Spartan Race though :)
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Congrats to you! you look great!
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Love it!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    You look great!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    What a amazing job. You are definitely an inspiration for us!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Job well done....
  • Thats incredible! Congratulations =)
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Good grief! You look awesome!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Wow... a six pack clinging to a wet t-shirt.... oh my....
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    You seem soo happy and look great keep that up! 1:55 time is great pace for a half Good luck!! :)
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Awesome work, 50lbs is about my total weight loss goal. Started using MFP after I dropped 20lbs or so. I am down to my last 15 lbs now and have considered doing a Spartan Race, Tough Mudder or something along those lines. Again Great Job!!!
  • brilliant m8....fantastic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!