Water, water and more water...help!

Options
Drinking all this water has its down-side. I can't stay out of the bathroom day or night! Can anyone tell me if this levels off over time?

Replies

• ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for 7 weeks, and I'm still in the bathroom constantly!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    it does eventually. I've increased my intake for the last three weeks and drink about 96 oz during work, and sip another 32 during the evening. it does get better.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It does, I felt the same way at first! I still go more often than when I was chronically dehydrated (obviously). I have noticed that if I slack off a day or two and then push it again the frequent urge comes back. More motivation to stick with it everyday.
  • penell5
    penell5 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm using the bathroom alot more also,but I think my skin looks better and I feel better!
  • karaselby
    Options
    I was once told by a doctor that you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water everyday. I drink 80 ounces a day when I workout and 64 when I dont and I weigh about 147. I have to pee all the time and I havent noticed this getting any better and Ive been drinking like that for quite a while now. I do think the summer months help because you sweat a lot more! Maybe it just takes more time. We will see I guess! Good luck!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 liters on average, every day. I go to the bathroom no more than I did before I started drinking this much water. It will get easier with time! I noticed needing to run to the bathroom less about 6 weeks in. By the end of a year, I was back to my old schedule. I love all that water! I need it now, I feel dehydrated after an hour of not having any water!
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    OMG!! I know how you feel, the first week I constantly had to go to the bathroom, I got no sleep I was cranky because of it. but I stuck with making sure I got those damn 8 cups a day at least... and now I can go hours without having to pee! YAY!
  • butterflync105
    butterflync105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh no! LOL
  • butterflync105
    butterflync105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! There might be hope... :smile: