Fat, Sick and nearly dead...are you juicing?

Options
ls_66
ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
Just finished watching it... loved it... are you juicing? if so tell me about it
:happy:

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly care for juice.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    No one needs to consume that much juice. So no. I like my food in solid form.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    15 dollars a day or more? Throwing away the non juicy parts?
    Meh. No.

The take-away from that infomercial should be eat more fruits and vegetables.
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I watched a little while ago. It's very inspiring. I don't think long term fasting is for me, but I would like to juice for supplemental meal or short fast. Unfortunately I can't justify buying a juicer right now.. someday I will though.
  • blissmanifesto
    Options
    Also not juicing here. I think I'd only try a juicing approach if I contracted a serious illness. But since I work out 7 days a week, I pretty much need food.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to watch this! I juice on Sundays, and Sundays only (my rest days) and I can not imagine going longer then a day, dont get me wrong I love the day I do juice and I spend all week thinking up new ideas of fruits and veggies to juice but when Monday rolls around I need some real food. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like my food! I have seen folks going on the juicing diet and its not for me
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I like solid poops... just sayin'
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it (yet) but I too like to chew my food. I can't personally see any benefit to be had from juicing that you couldn't derive from just easting clean and eating clean would be far more enjoyable.

I'm sure I'll be eating my meals through a straw when I'm 90 - I can wait.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Never watched it but I love my vitamix since it uses the whole fruit. It's great to have a smoothy, soup, or dessert that is quick and easy without messing up my diet.
  • BLy82
    BLy82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it (yet) but I too like to chew my food. I can't personally see any benefit to be had from juicing that you couldn't derive from just easting clean and eating clean would be far more enjoyable.

I'm sure I'll be eating my meals through a straw when I'm 90 - I can wait.

The people in the documentary who were doing the juicing were in a very very very bad health situation. Like... on massive doses of Prednisone (very very nasty drug to be on long term) with auto-immune issues, stacks of prescription bottles, etc.

The reason they went for juice was that it would be next to impossible to consume a comparable quantity of complete vegetables relative to how much they were turning into juice. (There was probably some psychological benefit too... never having to stress over how they were going to prepare all these vegetables... just spend a couple minutes tossing them on a juicer and move on, make things very simple and easy in a sense. Sort of like how very very low calorie programs like Medifast are used to try to help people who need to lose massive amounts of weight, partly because it gets them started in a way that removes virtually all of their need to worry about what they're going to eat next.)

It's an extreme answer to an extreme problem. That level of long term juice fasting would be a whole lot less appropriate for someone who was in any way healthy to start with.