Stronger Than Sprinkles

Options
2»

Replies

• princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    my dearest friend who's letting me stay with her for now decided to make Guinness stout cupcakes with an Irish whiskey ganache and Bailey's frosting.

Sweet mother of mercy. Those sound absolutely divine. Way better than Sprinkles. Great job on the self control!

The cupcake itself and the frosting were quite divine. Unfortunately, the ganache wasn't- I don't like whiskey at all. So that also made it easy to resist.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    The cupcake itself and the frosting were quite divine. Unfortunately, the ganache wasn't- I don't like whiskey at all. So that also made it easy to resist.

Alcohol and sweets--my two biggest vices. ;) YUM. I'm unfamiliar with ganache though. Enlighten me?
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    "Eh. I don't feel like I'm missing out. I already know how it tastes."

This is just amazing....I am going to be thinking about it for a long time now...thank you!
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Right? I love it. So effective.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I'm not stronger than Georgetown Cupcake and I'm not ashamed to admit it...leaving work in about 30 minutes to pick up a dozen cupcakes from them! The good thing is they are much smaller than Sprinkles and only have about 250 calories. And they freeze! So I will enjoy a couple this weekend and freeze the rest for treats at later dates.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There is this lovely bakery near where I work. They sell sandwiches, salads, etc for lunch. I can walk in there and ignore all of the lovely cookies, donuts, cupcakes in the display cases, until I say I'm on a diet or watching my weight, and THAT is when the damn things talk to me. Not when I am not paying any attention to calories. How do they KNOW?????
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    SPRINKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been dying to try the new cupcake ATM, but it's all the way on the west side and fighting the traffic to get over there limits how much I actually get one, as opposed to how much I really want one! I guess watching cupcake wars isn't the BEST idea!! hahaha

Great job though, everyone! You all rock!
  • kao1114
    kao1114 Posts: 51
    Options
    Ok, this is gross but it works for me - when I think I am about to crack and eat something completely evil, I clean the litter box. We have three cats with extremely healthy, full-functioning digestive tracks. Works every time.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    There is this lovely bakery near where I work. They sell sandwiches, salads, etc for lunch. I can walk in there and ignore all of the lovely cookies, donuts, cupcakes in the display cases, until I say I'm on a diet or watching my weight, and THAT is when the damn things talk to me. Not when I am not paying any attention to calories. How do they KNOW?????

Oh, they know. They always know.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Ok, this is gross but it works for me - when I think I am about to crack and eat something completely evil, I clean the litter box. We have three cats with extremely healthy, full-functioning digestive tracks. Works every time.

Ha! I'll have to try that. Although no cats...maybe I'll clean the boyfriend's bathroom. Yuck.
  • miss_september
    Options
    Ok, it isn't a cupcake story specifically, but, I've had a nasty stubborn cold for the past couple of weeks, during which, I decided not to log, and to eat whatever comfort foods I wanted/needed to in order to feel better. All in all I haven't done that badly, and I did lose 5 lbs through it all (yay!). But, that is besides the point. The other day I was really, really craving dessert. Not popsicles, or candy, but yummy, cake/donut/strussel/pie/tart goodness--but I didn't have anything specific in mind. Since it was late, I didn't want to make something at home, so my husband and I trooped off to the store. Everything he pointed out in the bakery section that he would be willing to eat just didn't sound "worth it" to me, no pie, no pasttry's, no donuts...nothing looked or sounded good! In the end, I decided on "ice cream sundaes" with non-fat frozen yogurt and fat-free chocolate, caramel and strawberry....and it was amazing!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I used to have an eating disorder- and in that crazy head of mine when I binge ate I did everything in even numbers. I'd grab 3 Oreos, and think- "no, no- I need to make it 4 now." CRAZY. My current job provides us with wonderful snacks from Costco (most are relatively healthy) and I headed over to our cupboard to grab some almond clusters covered in dark chocolate and I grabbed 3. And then I thought to myself- "Do I even want 3? How about 2? Naw, I think 1 will do just fine."

Overcoming demons my friends. :)
  • Shelbelle333
    Shelbelle333 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My boss came into my office to open some toner he had ordered, for whatever reason the company we order from always throws a packet of fun size candy bars in with our order. My boss asked what kink of candy I thought they put in our order this time...I said as long as it isn't twix I'll have no problems with staying away from the candy. So he opens the box and starts to laugh, and what candy does he pull out? TWIX! Ahhh, oh no. I contemplated having one just one, but I quickly put the kabosh on that idea, and when I leave the office in an hour I am planning on walking right by the candy and out the door to enjoy my weekend!
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can relate too, I'm a cakeoholic at heart. We have a Sprinkles too in Scottsdale. I had my own 'cake victory" too at work. They had this giant cake and they were offering everyone a slice and my old self would have never turned down free cake but I closed my eyes and passed it up! That was right when I joined MFP too, so even more of a big deal for me! Now it's getting easier but I do miss cake. Next week is my birthday and I will have a piece that day and then go back to my new "cakeless" but happy life!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I have had a sprinkles cupcake, yes they are overpriced and over hyped, but they are delicious.
    My coworker and I fought the urge to ingest mass quantities of paczki that were brought in by (don't judge, it worked!!) taking a few bites and chewing then spitting it out. It worked and it was semi satisfying.
    Also, I am very mindful of my water consumption, it always seems to help.
  • SassyFranny
    SassyFranny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I can totally relate. Sprinkles is the bomb.com. Good job on resisting! Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!