Healthy pizza ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I use sliced plum tomatoes instead of sauce.

I sautee garlic & spinich. Before puting it on the pizza.

Top with mozzerla and a spinkle of feta.

Bake until golden. Enjoy.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I love the the light Flat Out tortillas (made with whole wheat and flax), they also have an Italian flavor that is great. I put them in the oven at 350, for just a few minutes, to crisp it up, then put on sauce, and toppings. they are great and under 350 cals if you use light toppings!
  • elishamarie22
    Options
    I have used wholewheat tortilla wraps as a pizza base and they are yummy also as a pizza lover reasonably guilt free :)
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When I do not have time to cook and I am craving a pizza I order a thin crust, light sauce, veggie pizza with no cheese add artichokes.. does the trick for me. I do not like cheese on pizza anyway so it is only missing the meat! mmmmm
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I typically eat regular pizza and just skim calories from elsewhere for the day but if I want to make a healthy one I use the Flatout Flatbreads. My favorites to make are diced chicken breast, BBQ sauce, red onion and a little smoked gouda cheese or pizza sauce, canadian bacon some shredded mozzarella and pineapple tidbits.
  • cblackc
    cblackc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use the Weight Watchers Flat Bread Buns each half one pizza... 2 Mini pizza 110cal for the crust alone... Then I just use a chucky pasta sauce usuallly 1/4 cup, and low fat cheese... Chicken and veggies
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Turkey pepperoni is way lower fat than regular. You can buy it in the "mini" slice size .... or just cut regular slices in half. This makes it go much further.

I like using Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast ..... really simple,one step. I stick with a sauce that I like (Pastorelli) & then add lots of veggies. Not the lowest cal ..... but it tastes like REAL pizza. Bake the crust on a pizza stone if you can, nice and crunchy. Yum!
  • freshgreengrass
    Options
    I've been making tortilla pizza lately, but I am excited to try the cauliflower pizza that was on Dr. Oz.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/cauliflower-pizza
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Perhaps just hunt down a low fat/calorie tomato sauce then your toppings of choice minus cheese? Not too sure...i like unhealthy pizza LOL!
    ME TOO.. I TRY TO LIMIT TO TWO SLICES AT A TIME FOR 500 CALS.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    get a packet of alfredo mix, or even light alfredo sauce.....then add chicken, turkey bacon(cook before adding), mushrooms, artichoke heats and grape tomatoes, i even cut up asparagus and put it on top once....makes a DELICIOUS pizza
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use the Deli Thin bread. They are 100 calories for two. And just a little sauce with veggies on top...usually black olivesm tomato and onion...very tasty and under 200 calories for two....
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I make pita pizzas, they are a staple in my diet haha. Whole wheat thin pita, tomato pasta sauce, little bit of cervelat salami, or turkey deli meat, solid layer of spinach, a bit of light cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, or bocconcini, depending on what I have) and some tomato slices. Delicious, and around 300 kcal.

My boyfriend actually prefers them over "unhealthy pizza" , which is good cause we live so close to a couple pizza places. So much more flavour.
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We make our own crust and then have eat your colors pizza. We load on the veggetables, go light on the cheese, and pair it with a large salad. Good stuff.
  • ncates00
    ncates00 Posts: 51
    Options
    Here is what I make:

Hormel - Turkey Pepperoni *Correct*, 17 slices 70 0 4 9 0 640

Mt. Olive Pickle Company - Mild Banana Pepper Rings, 1/2 cup

Jimmy Dean - Turkey Sausage Crumbles, 0.5 cup

Ragu (Pd) - Traditional Pasta Sauce, 1/2 cup

Kraft - 2% Milk Natural Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (With Added Calcium), 1 Cup

Mama Mary's - 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (2-Pk Pies), 1 pizza crust

Mt. Olive Jalapeno Peppers, how ever many (no real calories)

Calories Per Serving: 281 (2 slices=1 serving)

Enjoy!
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    also naan bread, and pitta are good for bases ;)