So, Who Loves Fish ?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
I used to be a total vegetarian but ended up eating fish again a decade ago, as my health was suffering. I do sometimes still feel guilty about eating a living, breathing and beautiful thing, but I I also love the taste of fish and seem to feel much healthier when I get this type of protein.

I had rainbow trout tonight, boiled, with rice and vegetables, and it was lovely.

Who else likes fish ?

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Grilled Salmon with Pensey's Northwoods seasoning... My favorite meal. I could eat this every night!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I used to hate fish but I'm starting to come to enjoy it... I really like simply prepared fish, specifically white fish like flounder, and I loooove swordfish!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Luckily fish are ugly little buggers. Shrimp are even uglier.

Weirdly, I don't mind fish, but I rarely eat it. I think it is because most of it I get lacks any character.

I do like those lazy pre-marinated salmon things you can buy though..yums.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    Salmon is lovely baked. I tend to not have it often as it seems quite high in calories, but they were selling whole frozen salmon in a store here for £3 Uk money and I got a couple, had them cut into three bits each, and stashed them in the freezer.

I often have canned sardines if I am feeling lazy as well.
    I think trout is my favourite fish though and I love mixing seafood up with a nice vegetable soup and having with rice or in a baked potato.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I love fish! There is sushi place next to office. We devour fresh tuna and salmon sashimi.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i used to hate fish so bad, but now i love many types--especially tilapia.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Loooves fish - right now I have a thing for salmon or sardines.........clan eat it every day!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Love fish!
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hate fish haha, but im a vegetarian so I dont eat it nowadays anyway
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Love! I make a fab herb-crusted salmon, and like white fish baked with a thin layer of plain greek yogurt and herbs. We also make fish tacos out of white fish (usually hake) with a chili spice.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I could eat fish every day.. I love it all.. tuna, salmon, trout, tilapia.. I eat fish on sandwiches, baked parmasean encrusted tilapia is my fav right now.. yes, I even LOVE fried catfish. We usually eat trout, baked with seasonings and a tiny bit of butter because my husband fishes and we always have a freezer full. My kids LOVE perch.. I like salmon on crackers or just on whole wheat bread no mayo... I like to saute tilapia with blackened seasonings and put it on a bed of wild rice.. added some veggies.. yum.. I love fish.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I love sushi, that is my binge food when I do.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, tuna. And sushi. I can't live without those two. When I was a vegetarian a few year ago, I still ate fish, because I loved it.

I wasn't a vegetarian for moral reasons, though, I was just experimenting to see if cutting out other types of meat would be beneficial to my health, so I didn't have issues with my tuna salads.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I would eat seafood every day if I could! I eat fish, shrimp and/or crab a few times a week. LOVE it!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I haven't met a fish I didn't like yet! (shrimp too!)
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Same here...eating fish to supplement a primarily vegetarian diet. Need that protein, and tofu can get old.

I love putting a couple of filets in the crock pot, drizzling olive oil, salt and pepper then topping with a few cups of spinach or other green vegetable. Let it cook 4 hrs on low and it turns out fab!

Don't forget to serve with a nice glass of white wine.

:drinker:
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do!
    Just last night we had breaded sole fillets with sauté red potatoes. YUM.

Also, pollock (or cod) in papillottes, with goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, sage and thyme, garlic and shallots.

And of course salmon, baked or barbecued, monkfish with capers...grilled halibut...grilled trout with almonds...

Now I want fish for dinner!
  • graelwyn
    Options
    I love the idea of fish with wild rice, that sounds lovely.
    By the way, is there another name for tilapia ?
    I have not seen that being sold here in the Uk.

There used to be a fish restaurant here that I went to weekly, that served this amazing mixed fish grill, with at least 5 different kinds of fish, and a huge bowl of vegetables. They once had butterfish and I have not seen that anywhere since, but it really tasted beautiful.
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hate fish, but love seafood (crab, lobster, shrimp, calamari, etc)
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My dad helps on fishing boats in Alaska and brings home a ton of salmon and halibut.... mmmmmmm so good