New here. Hi!

Options
I'm 44 and live in Eugene, Oregon. I'm looking to get in better shape and firm up my mid section. I wouldn't mind dropping about 10 pounds, but I've recently decided to worry more about how good of shape my body is in more than the number on the scale. If anyone wants to be friends and support each other, I'm game! I'm online a lot because I work from home.

Replies

• CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome!! Feel free to add me.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Thanks! Add request sent!
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined this 3 days ago. Huge Ducks fan here too!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Nice! I'm a Texas transplant, but I do LOVE the Ducks!
  • tdeuce
    tdeuce Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome Kristy! Scales are overrated, my weight very rarely changes but the image in mirror does.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Ive never lived in Oregon myself lol, always liked their unis lol
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    That's what I'm noticing too.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    @ that dude: They are pretty hot. The ones at the Rose Bowl were sweet this year, but the helmets were blinding in that California sun, not as much on TV though.
  • mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your new journey :)
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Agree on the rose bowl helmets, not sure they fit with that Jersey either
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    Welcome!!! Add me if you'd like. I've only been on a week so I'm new too!
  • lindadulin
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am on here mostly because I think all my facebook friends are sick of hearing about my Quest To Get In Shape =)) I had been active all my life till about the past 5 years and in my Empty Nest experience I decided to eat and watch television. UGH! I gained about 30 pounds and just stopped exercising so I also lost body strength. I had an epiphany at the end of January at my grand daughters birthday party when I got all stoved up from playing in the jumping thing ! Seriously made me look at what distructive behavior I was developing! I joined a health club and got to 2 classes a night that alternate between Zumba, Body Sculpting, Yoga, and Abs & Legs classes. I am restricting my eating to whole foods and developing healthy eating habits. Hope you give me a shout and help me learn the ropes here on this site. I love having the calorie counter, exercise counter and seeing your fitness life in black and white =))) Feel free to add me as a fitness pal!