pcos and weight loss

Options
Hey guys anyone else have poly cystic ovarian syndrome ad trying to loose weight? Husband and I haven been ttc for over 2 years now doctor is recommending to loose weight before trying clomid.. so let the health begin... if anyone has any success stories or tips would love to chat

Replies

• ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of women with PCOS here. there are even two groups that I know about that are dedicated to women with PCOS. I was able to conceive naturally with my PCOS, but I do know how hard it can be. As for weight loss, I've lost just over 15lbs in 60 days :)
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    my painful TOM caused by PCOS has improved dramatically since loosing weight. I feel almost normal again. I want to drop a bit more before starting hormone therapy for IVF.
  • JessicaV623
    JessicaV623 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm currently fighting this battle. I was put on Metformin last summer to aid in weight loss since Im not insulin resistant. I've found if I remember to take my doses every day, it helps shed some pounds but Im not sure if thats the medication, or the horrible side effects. Either way, eating better has ultimately been the way I've lost weight.

I'm planning on starting clomid in the summer since as of yet, theres been no positive test. But that just gives me more time to slim down so its safer for baby and me.

Like all things, take it one day at a time and remember to log everything! I was really lazy or didnt log at the beginning because I figured if it wasnt there, it didnt count and it only hindered me in the long run. Now I record pretty much everything that goes into my mouth. Next step, exercising.

But have faith in yourself and good luck!!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have not been diagnosed with pcos (I'm too scared to go to the doctor) however, I am losing weight because I want to get pregnant. I have irregular periods and crazy mood swings, but since losing 15 lbs my periods are FINALLY starting to get regular again and I am feeling so much better mentally and physically. I have more energy and my depression days are fewer and farther in between. Losing weight does amazing things to the body!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    me...! PCOS, Insulin Resistance, adrenal fatigue...and...hypothyroidism. I am now in maitenance..and lifting heavy to get some muscles..
  • ahernandez1914
    Options
    Knowing that weight loss seems to be helping you all is a lot of motivation. My doctor put me on metformin 500 twce daily and it gave me horrible side effects so I stopped taking it.. so I'm hoping my weight loss journey helps me regulate my period considering I can go any where from 45 days to 9 months or more without one
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My PCOS is GONE. I do have hypothyroidism so between both disorders, it's been a struggle. The struggle just makes me more proud. You can do it- perseverence is key!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi there cyster!!!

I am currenlty awaiting test results to confirm, but it appears inevitable as I have ALL symptoms related and I have been on metformin for almost a year..but I have actually just started taking it properly (I hate pills) I too am trying to lose weight and have dropped 15 lbs and this has made a world of difference...I'm hoping to concieve soon. Feel free to add me!!

By the way here are the links one of the other pals was talking about

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3089-power-cysters
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4339-pcosers-unite
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3070-p-c-o-sis
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4242-get-fit-with-1in10

Good luck!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I just recently found out I have it, but it wasn’t an issue when I was younger. Not til I was older and done having kids but the weight kept creeping up on me.

Then suddenly just a few months ago I find out I have PCOS, hypothyroidism, extreme adrenal fatigue, I'd become insulin resistant and had metabolic syndrome. I was put on meds and told to go on LC diet, start moving..

I have done zumba and some walking as my exercise.. I have also been on a pretty strict LC diet 20% carbs/40good fats and protein. I have lost 4 pant sizes and 31 pounds in 6 months..
    I recently injured my knee so am rather stuck.
    I’m looking to start weight training to add lean muscle to help with the fat burning..

Add me if you like.. It does help to have those who suffer from the same thing...
    Good luck to you all..
  • peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. I just started back on MFP and am exercising. 6lbs lost this month, so it's a start but I have a looong way to go. Also trying to get in baby-making shape. :) Anyone can add me if they like!