My very first time posting a NSV!

Options
Today We got surprised in our boot camp class (Which i have only been in for 4 weeks and never ran before) with a 5k. I didn't think I could do it at all let alone the 45 mins he gave us as our max. My goal was to finish.. even if I had to walk it and stay after class to finish.. I just HAD to finish. Well I did and I'm super proud to say I did it in 40 mins!! 5 mins less then the time he gave us!! YAY!

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • Soucy2022
    Soucy2022 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I just started to train for a 5K race - it's my first week and I am not a runner. So, hearing this gives me inspiration !!! Good for you !!!
  • JENNYCONN
    Options
    Great job you should be proud!!!!!:smile:
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful NSV! I'm not a runner either, even though I used to be. One of my goals is to become a runner again.
  • WendyLynn1406
    WendyLynn1406 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I have never run in my life... I've only been doing it for about 4 weeks.. and using the c25k on the days I don't have boot camp.. Now I just need to get some of this weight off so I can get better at it!
  • lisaleone71
    Options
    Hi! Good for you! I'm new new and very overweight/out of shape and one of my short term goals was to be able to walk our local corporate 5K (two weeks away) in under an hour. Last year I finished it in 1:15 but it wrecked me and I really hadn't exercised at all until last week when I started coming on here. Last Tuesday I could only manage 1.5 miles in 45 minutes. Today I was able to walk 3.2 miles in 1 hour and 11 seconds! So I have changed my goal for the 5K to 50 minutes, but I'm not gonna get crazy and overdo it -- I'll make sure I am not putting a finish time ahead of my health or safety. We'll see how it goes :)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You should be proud.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! I think thats awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!