Medicine is Evil

starrithasg
starrithasg Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I'm sick!!! And I just looked up how many calories the medicine I've been taking has...I want to kill something!

Replies

• I didn't even know there were calories in medicine! Is it a syrup or something?
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    :laugh: wow I never even thought about medicine having calories in it! let me go check my birth control!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    I didn't even know there were calories in medicine! Is it a syrup or something?

Liquid medicine is nothing but sugar and alcohol
  • Where do you even find that information on the box??

As for you, you're sick. Don't worry about how many calories it has. It's doing more for your body in making you better than it is damaging it.

Get well soon.
    ~Nicole :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    ROFL

I NEVER EVER thought about medicine having calories!!!! I'm assuming we are talking cough syrup, maybe antacid stuff. Sheesh!

BUT -- if you need the meds, you need the meds.

Where did you find that information?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Yep, just checked. The big 2 Tbsp. shot of NyQuil has 93 calories. Alchohol and sugar I'm sure.

"It's the nighttime coughing sniffling sneezing - wake up in the kitchen floor and wonder how you get there medicine". :laugh: :happy: :tongue:

I don't care - next time I get a cold I'll still do a double shot o'NyQuil with a beer chaser. It works for me, and nothing else does.
  • Can you tell me where I can find out how many calories are in my meds?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    :laugh: wow I never even thought about medicine having calories in it! let me go check my birth control!

That better not have any!!!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member

That better not have any!!!

Even if it does, take it anyway otherwise you will DEFINITELY gain weight :laugh:
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    I do a shot of jagermeister instead of cough syrup. It has about 100 calories and it helps you sleep. Besides, it's a good excuse to keep a big bottle of it in the house at all times.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    How many calories does tooth paste have? I might have to quit brushing my teeth.:grumble:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    just checked on the Birth control....and for you ladies concerned ZERO calories!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    now I have read everything! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    How many calories does tooth paste have? I might have to quit brushing my teeth.:grumble:

It has a few, but you're supposed to spit it out. :drinker: :brokenheart:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768

Yes, but I'm sure you injest some of that toothpaste. I mean, in the spirit of this wonderful subject, I can't afford a handful of wasted calories, since we're splitting hairs here. hahahahha.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    A wise man once said if all the medicine in the world were thrown into the sea it would be bad for the fish and good for humanity! ( O.W. Holmes Professor of medicine Harvard) Get a chiropractor! your body can heal itself.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member

Yes, but I'm sure you injest some of that toothpaste. I mean, in the spirit of this wonderful subject, I can't afford a handful of wasted calories, since we're splitting hairs here. hahahahha.

sarge - you made me spew all over my new computer. :laugh: I'm going to shut my trap now. :noway:
This discussion has been closed.