Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Can someone give me an idea on what is a good heart rate monitor? I want one that shows the calories I burn too, if possible. I also need one that isn't too expensive...

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Look on Amazon for a Polar FT4.. Runs you about 60 dollars, and does just the basics(heart rate and calories).
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    Thanks! I will!!
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im looking for a good one as well.
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Got an ft7 polar today, I think the ft4 is just as functional, will let you know how i go.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love my Pink Polar
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Look on Amazon for a Polar FT4.. Runs you about 60 dollars, and does just the basics(heart rate and calories).

Used to have one of these...EXCELLENT recommendation. I just sold mine for 40 bucks so I'm sure you can find one used (if you don't mind disinfecting the heart rate strap which I did with bleach wipes).
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    Where can I find a used one?
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and absolutely LOVE mine. The best money you'll spend. It does more than just heart rate and calories, not much more, but a little. It's extremely easy to set up and use. You definately can't go wrong with buying one. I just wish i could afford a waterproof one so i could take it snorkeling with me!!!
  • Deza85
    Deza85 Posts: 10
    Options

I have one of these and I love it!! (I bought the purple/pink one and it was $75 with tax and everything)
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just picked up a Polar FT4 tonight, will be putting it through its paces tomorrow morning. The FT7 was more expensive and seemed to only add the ability to transmit your data to their website. As others have said, you can score it on Amazon for pretty cheap but I was impatient and got it at ****s for a bit more.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just picked up an FT7 for $75.50 from this site:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/ft7-series.html

I searched online for an 8% off promo code, and end up paying only a total of $69.68 including free shipping.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT4! Love it and it wasn't that expensive either. I think u will like it too. It has just what u are looking for.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Got my polar ft60 from best buy for $50 on clearance by chance. still retails for $329. Im glad I made the investment.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just picked up an FT7 for $75.50 from this site:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/ft7-series.html

I searched online for an 8% off promo code, and end up paying only a total of $69.68 including free shipping.

There is a 10% off promo code for today. Code #: CM10
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    Thank you all for the help! I will definitely invest in one soon!