Unexplained scratches

Options
I started weight training a little over a month ago and today I noticed some unexplained scratches all over my shoulders and the top of my back. Someone told me that it is due to the weight lifting, they said that it is just my skin tearing to make room for the muscle growth. Has anyone experienced this? any ideas?

Replies

• jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    demons....yeah definitely demons.

I've never heard of that. Stretch Marks w/ steroids maybe. Could it be from the squat bar?
  • MRC77
    MRC77 Posts: 51
    Options

I've never heard of that. Stretch Marks w/ steroids maybe. Could it be from the squat bar?

Nope, due to a knee surgery I can't use a squat bar
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    probably stretch marks.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    probably stretch marks.. use lotion with vitamin E on the area you're seeing them one or two times daily.. coco butter works well... should help to eliminate them from popping up in the future and may help to erase the ones you have now...

*or demons, and in that case head to mass this weekend and light two candles....
  • MRC77
    MRC77 Posts: 51
    Options
    probably stretch marks.. use lotion with vitamin E on the area you're seeing them once or two times daily.. coco butter works well... should help to eliminate them from popping up in the future and may help to erase the ones you have now...

*or demons, and in that case head to mass this weekend and light two candles....

LMAO..... yeah I just read something online that said it is stretch mark do to the muscle growth........ Thank god, I thought I was going to need an exorcism....
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Do you use any machines that put weight on your shoulders? I can recall a machine with cracked padding at a gym I used to go to. Those cracks in the material will leave marks on your skin.
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options

lmao....too funny!

they are probably popped blood vessels from the heaviness of your weights. at least thats what ive experienced. they'll go away within a few days
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Scratches? No, those are stretch marks. Welcome to a woman's world LOL
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    they are probably popped blood vessels from the heaviness of your weights. at least thats what ive experienced. they'll go away within a few days

^^ It's this.. unless it's stretch marks, but there's a difference. What looks like cat scratches vs. rippled red "tears".