Insanity breaks every rule.... am I insane?

Options
I just started Insanity and yeah, it's insane. Has anyone had injuries? Other programs that I love always stress keeping your back flat when stretching and not doing interval training two days in a row. Shaun T is going nuts with the intervals and then asking you to drop your head below your heart with a round back just moments after bringing your heart rate to the max. Is this insane? I feel like it's been drilled into me that these things aren't good for me... I want to stick to the program but I'd love to know if anyone else has had injuries with Insanity or insight on this topic.

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you're healthy then those rules shouldnt matter.

the general assumption is that people with health issues aren't going to be morons and first get their doctor's OK to start a new exercise program.
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    I just finished round THREE of insanity last week, so if you need some tips feel free to add or message me :)

I had no injuries but I never followed the stretches that they did on the screen, did my own. However I had my boyfriend do it a couple times with me & he hurt his lower back doing hit the floor...make sure you're warmed up properly & drinking plenty of water!! Injuries in Insanity are more common in the knees because of all the jumping... honestly Insanity is my favorite workout and after a month or 2 break I'm doing it for a 4th time...stick with it...it's insane but sooooooooooooo worth it!!
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and feel free to add me if you want an insanity buddy. I'm going to stick with it and I'll just keep my back flat and head above my heart anyway because that is what feels right for stretching.
  • tiffani79
    tiffani79 Posts: 13
    Options
    I would check with my doctor before doing anything that sounds/looks/seems wrong. I thought the same thing. I see my doc on April 5th...