75 pounds down! (with lots of pics)

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
So today is my 255th day on MFP. I can honestly say that without the app I would not have lost the weight. Having an app on my phone has been a Godsend for me. I can add what I eat to my diary whenever I feel. I don't have to take a book out, I don't have to write anything down. It's been perfect for me!

I eat 1600 calories a day. I don't follow macros. I've been using Jenny Craig food to do it, but am starting to cycle my own foods into it now. My goal is to get to 90kg and then do the last 20-25kg by myself. (have not decided my ideal weight range yet)

This was taken in March last year. I was around 125kg. I was pretty miserable as I'd started my downward slide from 118kg (I'd lost 15kg previously with Jenny Craig over a year) and was feeling it.

9648316_249.jpg

In July I was miserable. I was crying every night. I knew I'd put on weight, I was struggling to walk the 20 minutes to work, I couldn't wipe myself properly I'd got that big. It was while talking to a colleague at work one Thursday and saying how miserable I was that I made the snap decision to go back to JC. I rang and had an appointment that night. The last time I'd weighed in I was around 121kg. I was just hoping I hadn't hit 133kg as that had been my original starting weight. Well I wasn't 133kg. I was 137.1kg. (or 301lbs) Devestated is putting it midly. I sobbed the whole appointment at JC, I sobbed the whole way home and for most of the night. I'd been told over the years (from Weight Watchers, Sureslim, JC) that I needed to record what I ate. But I'd never done that. So searched the app store for a program that would help. I found MyFitnessPal.

These are the photos that were taken after two weeks. (so they're not even me at my worst! I'd lost around 4kg by that point)

9648316_5864.jpg

[/img]http://photos.myfitnesspalllc.netdna-cdn.com/images/photos/648/316/9648316_2257.jpg[/img]

My family live interstate and my parents and grandparents were coming in September. I hadn't told them how much I'd put on hoping I'd be where I was last time I'd seen them a year before (118kg) As I got closer I realized that wouldn't be the case (when they got here I was 124kg)

I had success immediately. I was too big not to. I still had my ups and downs but thankfully the ups were few and far between. This photo was taken around late November. I was around 118kg from memory

9648316_7598.jpg

I went home in December for my cousins wedding and had got down to 113kg. This was the lowest I'd been since I moved to Perth six years previously.

9648316_1890.jpg

My family were all incredibly happy for me at losing the weight. I had a bad week in January from a holiday where I had no control over food and gained. But I kept going down. MY grandparents came over in February. Walking up to them at the shops my grandfather didn't recognize me. My grandma cried. This was two months since I'd last seen them. My parents were over in March. The whole time they were here my mum kept touching my face saying 'you look like you're 18!' I HAVE A NECK.

In February I started NROLFW. I'm now two weeks off finishing the first stage and my body has changed significantly. I have a waist emerging. I HAVE A NECK! There's few rolls there! I can feel my stomach shrinking. I have the most amazing calves. The thighs are still annoying but eh. They'll go down. I have PCOS and have started having a regular TOM. I really don't even remember having that. Ever.

The past month's been tricky. Since starting the weights my weight loss has stalled somewhat. I hit my first real plateu. I was getting incredibly frustrated as I was so close to getting under 100kg (not since 2000!) and it felt so far away. Last week after putting on for two weeks I dropped 2.7kg. Today I dropped another 1.2kg. I now weight 103.3kg. I am 3.4kg off being under 100kg. I am SO EXCITED over this. (my friends list will confirm I've been going on about it :) )

I didn't get photos taken at JC because I'm waiting till I'm under 100kg but I took some in the mirror today

9648316_9293.jpg

9648316_5989.jpg

That shirt I'm wearing? Is from when I went to Africa in 2007. I got the biggest shirt size I could (tour shirt) It never fit. It would stretch over my stomach.

In conclusion

9648316_5864.jpg

9648316_9293.jpg

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Nice work - you're dedication is paying off! I'm impressed that you are using NROWL, I've read it but haven't started and don't belong to a gym. Yay for you!
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You are a beautiful young lady and I am so happy that you are doing well with losing. You should be very proud of yourself and pat yourself on the back, ( I bet you can even reach your back now). I enjoyed reading your blog and am very excited for you. Keep up the good work!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing. You're inspirational! Thanks for sharing and best wishes for your continued success!
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Congratulations! You are looking wonderful and well. :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good for you, what a role model you are!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    WTG!! That is an amazing success!! Congrats to you and good luck on your journey!! :)
  • skatters
    skatters Posts: 48
    Options
    You look so healthy and vibrant! Congratulations - and thanks for taking the time to share with us! I am very very impressed!!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    Awesome you look so good!

So great when you fit clothes , that had no chance previously !!
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    congrats way to go you look great
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep at all that hard work, it's paying off!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    well done lovely. i know how hard you work, and how much you deserve your success. and isn't it great to have a waist??? :-)
  • Lozze
    Options
    The waist bit is the best. I'm developing an hourglass figure. Can't wait to find out what I'm supposed to look like!

Meerkat you are such an inspiration and great support. You're brilliant georgous.

Thanks everyone for the nice words!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Youve done so well - you should be as proud as you feel!!

Weve got a few mutual friends and Ive seen your comments around - you are very motivating and certainly inspiring! I bet your friends are just as stoaked for you.

Cant wait to see another story in a couple of weeks perhaps - shouting from the rooftops - and celebrating under 100!! Keep up the great work!
  • mandyjoy12
    mandyjoy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Thank you for posting this!
  • Lozze
    Options
    Cant wait to see another story in a couple of weeks perhaps - shouting from the rooftops - and celebrating under 100!! Keep up the great work!

Oh that one will be me screaming and crying!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!!! You're doing so well - keep it up!!!! You are so motivating!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Keep kicking azzzzzzzz!
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look fab!!!! So close and you can do it!!!!
  • bdaves
    bdaves Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look great. Congratulations on your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!