Have you ONLY lost ONE pound?

Options
I have seen some people who are struggling to lose weight, and are disappointed when the scale says they have only lost one pound. Well, here is your motivation. One pound is more than we realize, so keep up the hard work! You will see results.

420542_394235170588272_217570628254728_1573416_751795013_n.jpg

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Bump Bump bumpity bump bump lol
  • rockchk31
    rockchk31 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    makes such a difference when you can kind of see what you have been losing...it looks disgusting lol!
  • smb17
    smb17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! And ick! Thanks for the reminder.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I have that picture saved to my computer. I look at it whenever I feel discouraged.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thats brilliant, as I normally only loose one pound per week!!!
  • bighouse51
    bighouse51 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I wouldn't say I was upset this week; however, was a little deflated after losing 2 lbs... Seeing that picture, I'll gladly take a 2lb. loss, 2 handfuls of that nastiness is outta my body!
  • BTag3
    BTag3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for posting, THAT is real motivation!
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read this recently and thought how appropriate for your thread, makes you think next time we say 'only lost a pound' . .. . . .

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
    And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
    Want to know why?
    It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
    I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
    Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
    So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
    Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
    That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
    Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
    So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
    For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
    And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
    Happy Days!!!
    After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
    - Author Unknown
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Next time you're at the grocery store and passing by the dairy case, stop and pick up a pound of butter. Look at it. Feel it in your hand. Consider what butter is and then tell yourself, that's all you lost.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    One pound off is better than one pound on......................slow and steady and it will stay off forever:bigsmile:
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for the reminder! :)
  • Mandy_Pandy
    Options
    Hi, I read this recently and thought how appropriate for your thread, makes you think next time we say 'only lost a pound' . .. . . .

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    Want to know why?
    Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
    For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
    And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
    Happy Days!!!
    - Author Unknown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One pound off is better than one pound on......................slow and steady and it will stay off forever:bigsmile:
    ^^This.
    One pound sounds like a little, but you refused 3500 calories to get there. Think how much potato you didn't eat or how much milk you didn't drink. Fat is the most calorie-dense of food constituents; that pound of butter becomes several pounds of, for example, undressed baked potato. Losing "only" a pound is a great job and folk should be pleased with, and proud of, their efforts.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling so hard to loose 30 lbs and I really needed to read your post. Thank you for starting my day off well. My weight has been so completely resistant. I just found out yesterday that my medicine was causing the terrible fluid retention I was having. With the fluid retention you can't tell if you are actually loosing weight under all that fluid. I gained 10 lbs in one day from it and then the next day I was down 11 lbs. Very discouraging indeed.

Got up this morning and I'm actually down 2 lbs. That makes 6 lbs since January 5th. I really appreciate your post. Certainly motivated me.
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    I haven't lost even one pound... But I think it's more important, at my size, to focus on getting toned, even if it means only losing a small amount of weight. The scales don't tell you the difference between fat and muscle anyway
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Is that WHIPPED fat, 'cuz I've lost 43 of those bad boys, and I'm just not seeing it!
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    Is that WHIPPED fat, 'cuz I've lost 43 of those bad boys, and I'm just not seeing it!
    If you took before/after pics you most likely would see the difference. Bodies are sneaky like that
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great post -- thanks!
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    Want to know why?
    Happy Days!!!
    - Author Unknown

LOVE THIS!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: