Can't stop craving carbs

Options
I can't stop craving carbs. For the past few days all i've been craving are sandwiches (made with 100% whole wheat and extra lean meats) and Quaker Oatmeal. I've been eating different oatmeal flavours such as banana nut, apple cranberry, brown sugar.. Why am I craving carbs so much? and are these quaker oatmeals even healthy?

thanks y'all :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your day. For me it's not no carb, it's healthier carbs.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising a lot?

If you are craving it, listen to your body...I eat 55% carbs through the day...but I run (6 or more miles a day) and take fitness classes, so my body is burning the carbs for fuel.

Do try and eat more lean protein with your carbs...the protein will keep you fuller for longer and help prevent a sugar crash...so have your oatmeal with an egg, or sandwich with lean meats (like you already do).....

As long as you stay within your calorie goal, you will be fine
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    They aren't healthy if you can't stop overeating them. You probably have elevated fasting insulin, which is a sign of an intolerance to carbs. You should lower your intake and replace them with more protein and fat and see if that helps the cravings.
  • painterdlzll
    painterdlzll Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eating more vegetables has helped me not crave carbs. I also stopped drinking diet sodas and eliminated sugar substitutes. I drink water, and unsweetened tea. I find when I drink diet soda and drinks made with sugar substitutes I crave carbs like crazy. I hope this helps.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I see you are fairly new here. For the first 2 weeks, I craved the heck out of carbs. It was because I was used to eating a lot of carbs. Bread, sweets like cake, brownies, etc. will make you crave more. Carbs pretty much equal sugar in your body and the more you eat, the more you want. I still feel like I want to eat more carbs even though I come real close in my daily recommendations, but it's not an irresistible craving. Just hang in there, you'll make it. Good luck!
  • ealaniz2
    ealaniz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just came out of a very strict low carb diet, but now I feel I want to eat everything!!! I don't kjow what to do!!