vegetarian/vegan breakfasts?

Options
I am a breakfast eater! If I don't eat my breakfast I get grumpy. But I've found that I'm in a bit of a breakfast slump. I generally have a bagel w/ PB or oats with honey, craisins, and almonds, or whole wheat toast with sliced banana. I'm bored. What are some of your favorite breakfasts?

I should note that I'm vegetarian with a strong vegan leaning (e.g. I rarely eat eggs or dairy). Thoughts/suggestions?

Replies

• prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Don't have it plain, it will get boring. I love adding cinnamon, frozen blueberries/ or mixed berries, kiwi fruit, 1 packet of splenda and 1 teaspoon of coco powder (gotta love a chocolate breakfast), honey- whatever.

Blueberry protein pancakes. YUM.

Veggie juice. Or fruit, whatever you like.

Protein shakes. I like making coffee ones!

Muesli with fruit.
  • painterdlzll
    painterdlzll Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My children and I love a smoothie for breakfast. One banana, 3 cups spinach, 1 cup frozen fruit any kind, 1cup coconut milk and one tbs. flaxseed. Place all in blender and blend well you may need to add a little more coconut milk if it is too thick. My children are 6 and 8 so we split this three ways. It taste great and fills us up.
  • Serenity64
    Options
    I also do a smoothie: banana, spinach, frozen fruit, handful of almonds, tbs of flaxseed meal, and water.
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    cereal (I like organic heritage flakes) with almond milk. and raisins on top.