Former caloriecount.com member

Options
42kgirl
42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
I lost 30 lbs with caloriecount.com, but this database is so much better. I hope the community is better, too. I quit posting anything on the other site because it was the same people commenting over and over and a lot of them were just plain nasty. I have another 30 lbs to go and am quite excited about MFP! I am 27 years old and have been for 11 years. I am a mom of two. One boy and one girl both of whom are gymnasts. I am currently trying to decide whether or not to keep my gallbladder so if anyone has any advice on that I would appreciate it. I have had an ultrasound, barium swallow, HIDA scan (41%), and upper endoscopy. Everything has come out negative or borderline. I feel like hell, but am terrified of having surgery and then still feeling awful. That's my latest and greatest. I am looking forward to using this site!

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Well now! Good speech! Welcome to mfp. I am happy to meet you and you can sure add me as a friend when ever you wish! Most people on mfp are just great and the moderators keep a pretty good eye on the disrespectful stuff so hopefully you will enjoy continuing your journey with us!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I used to use caloriecount also, and this site is so much better. Welcome! Hopefully someone will have advice on gallbladder situation, my mom had hers removed and it worked out just fine. Here's to your last 30!!!
  • MyTimeMyYear
    MyTimeMyYear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • tiasmom55
    Options
    This is my first post..(lovin the site) your gall bladder subject..get it out! I myself am 58 and had problems when I was 18 so had it removed. The procedure now is amazing compared to back then..simpler for sure. Have a great day..Deb
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    This is my first post..(lovin the site) your gall bladder subject..get it out! I myself am 58 and had problems when I was 18 so had it removed. The procedure now is amazing compared to back then..simpler for sure. Have a great day..Deb

I totally agree with Deb. Get it out. I had mine taken out about 9 years ago and haven't regretted it. Welcome to MFP. You'll love it here.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs with caloriecount.com, but this database is so much better. I hope the community is better, too. I quit posting anything on the other site because it was the same people commenting over and over and a lot of them were just plain nasty. I have another 30 lbs to go and am quite excited about MFP! I am 27 years old and have been for 11 years. I am a mom of two. One boy and one girl both of whom are gymnasts. I am currently trying to decide whether or not to keep my gallbladder so if anyone has any advice on that I would appreciate it. I have had an ultrasound, barium swallow, HIDA scan (41%), and upper endoscopy. Everything has come out negative or borderline. I feel like hell, but am terrified of having surgery and then still feeling awful. That's my latest and greatest. I am looking forward to using this site!

My ex husband had gallbladder surgery a few years back. It was day surgery and he resumed his life the next day, although he was told to take it easy for a few days. He has 2 little teeny scars where they put the surgery/scope thingy. He has had no repercussions from no gallbladder. It's sorta one of those things your body can do very well without. So, if the docs are like, super-suspicious, I'd go ahead with it.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) It's a wonderful place..I've been here since December, and love it!
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    Wow! More support in 15 minutes than in 2 years on CC! I'm leaning toward having the thing taken out. Plus, it's a mini vacation from my kids ;)
  • gibbysmith
    Options
    Remove it, you will feel 100% better
  • lexytay
    lexytay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just moved over from Calorie Count a week ago. Good Luck!
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    I posted see you later on CC. The first response was a snarky I don't even recognize your user name post and then it was hijacked by the same jerks who always take over with stupid inside jokes. So glad I came to MFP!