HEADaches!

Options
i've had terrible headaches for the last 4 days....idk if its cause of not eating enough, the weather or im working out too hard .... i work out 6 days a week, and after today's workout my headache came right back. ugh

Replies

• xTenaciousJx
    Options
    BUMP!! anyone awake?!
  • marvelousmindy9
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water during your workouts? It could be because you're dehydrating yourself
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water during your workouts? It could be because you're dehydrating yourself

i drink 8-12 8 oz glasses a day.

Edit: didnt answer your question, i usually drink 16 oz right after.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Have you cut anything out of your diet? Caffiene? Sugar? etc? That could cause it.

If you're drinking enough water and haven't cut anything out of your diet I would suggest seeing a Doctor if the headaches are constant.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    Have you cut anything out of your diet? Caffiene? Sugar? etc? That could cause it.

If you're drinking enough water and haven't cut anything out of your diet I would suggest seeing a Doctor if the headaches are constant.

that was what i was thinking....its not normal and i cut stuff like that out way back in the beginning of January, no major changes for over 87 days.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to stay hydrated and definitely see a doctor. You also may not be eating enough before your workouts. What do you eat before your workout and how soon do you eat before that.

You may also want to cut down to 5 days a week of exercise or cut the sessions down by about 10 or 15 minutes, until you find out what is causing your headaches.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Are you eating your workout calories back?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    i've had terrible headaches for the last 4 days....idk if its cause of not eating enough, the weather or im working out too hard .... i work out 6 days a week, and after today's workout my headache came right back. ugh

I was having headaches, and feeling lightheaded/dizzy when I was eating 1200 calories.

It wasn't enough for me. Maybe you aren't eating enough as you are netting under 1200 quite often.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    this week i'm trying cycling my calories

i'm doing

mon- 1312
    tues-1312
    wed- 1575
    thur- 1312
    fri- 1312
    sat- 1444
    sun- 1312

yes i eat back my workout calories (sometimes i'm 200 under for the day)

today i burned a little over 400 in my workout.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

i'm doing

mon- 1312
    tues-1312
    wed- 1575
    thur- 1312
    fri- 1312
    sat- 1444
    sun- 1312

Yeah, you need to eat more. I'd say you need to be netting at least 1400-1500 calories per day working out that much. You will still lose weight eating a little more. Your body needs fuel to burn.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options

i'm doing

mon- 1312
    tues-1312
    wed- 1575
    thur- 1312
    fri- 1312
    sat- 1444
    sun- 1312

Yeah, you need to eat more. I'd say you need to be netting at least 1400-1500 calories per day working out that much. You will still lose weight eating a little more. Your body needs fuel to burn.

so even if i eat back those 400 calories and today is 1444 thats still too low?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

i'm doing

mon- 1312
    tues-1312
    wed- 1575
    thur- 1312
    fri- 1312
    sat- 1444
    sun- 1312

so even if i eat back those 400 calories and today is 1444 thats still too low?

1444 net or total? I'd say if you are netting below 1400, you're undereating. I know because I had the same problem when I started. I was netting 1000-1200 calories per day with my workouts. I was lethargic, not sleeping well, had headaches, etc. Eating just a little more helps quite a bit.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    right now i have

1481 remaining

goal food exercise net
    1444 383 -420 -37

you can look at my diary from the last couple of days its open.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're definitely not eating enough of your calories back, but you're also not hydrating enough. The amount of water you're drinking is great for a day that you're not working out, but since you're working out 6 days a week and burning so many calories, you have to compensate for that. And that's not just during your workout but all throughout that day, before and after the workout.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    right now i have

1481 remaining

goal food exercise net
    1444 383 -420 -37

you can look at my diary from the last couple of days its open.

Yeah, I'd eat all the calories you have for today left (all 1481) since your net calories will be 1444. See how you feel. If it's really bad, you might consider overeating by 100-200 calories for a couple days and see how you feel then. It won't make you gain any weight by doing that but might help your body reset a bit and take away your symptoms.

If you're getting headaches just after a workout, try eating a banana or more fruit post-workout. This will help replenish your blood sugar.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    thanks everyone! trying to find that magic number of calories these last 87 days has been hard to keep a steady weight loss.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    thanks everyone! trying to find that magic number of calories these last 87 days has been hard to keep a steady weight loss.

It took me months to get my "magic number" figured out and even then, I sometimes need to adjust. Don't sweat it! You're doing great.
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    I agree with eating a piece of fruit...sometimes when I have hard workouts I get headaches and a glass of water and a piece of fruit (apple or banana usually) will almost always fix it..I blame my blood sugar getting too low.
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Are you taking contraceptive pill? I was getting terrible migraines, which I thought was down to a career change, but coming off the pill has dramatically reduced the frequency, pain and nausea.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options

It took me months to get my "magic number" figured out and even then, I sometimes need to adjust. Don't sweat it! You're doing great.

how did you find it!? just experimenting?? i've done higher, lower, now cycling. lol