New to MFP

Options
Hi. I'm Liz and I'm a dietaholic. It's been 4 months since my last diet. (thank you) I have a love/hate relationship with food and my body. I blame it all on my parents :smile: I've tried doing this on my own, but I lacked tools and a support system. I realize that now. My bestie, AJ, gifted me with the WW PointsPlus program and it's changing the way I see food and making me feel in control. I like that. MFP's tracking system combined with WW is making things so much easier for me, while catering to my love for technology. I feel good about this :happy:

Replies

• butterflync105
    butterflync105 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I LOVE this site. I am new too. Only one week in and I am down 8 pounds! This is gonna work!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Thank you! wow 8lbs already???? Congratulations!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    Amazing pic! I just started about a week ago! There is so much support to go around! Check the Success Forum and you can see how inspiring it is! I joined because I also lacked support system at home. Hopefully we can be in the Success Forum soon!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! I have been using it since January, but recently started really focusing on how it really works. I was not using your nutrients page that watches your sugars, fats and carbs. I have been able to meet my 2 lb a week loss goal now. I am down 5 pounds in 2 weeks.
  • catwomanclaws
    catwomanclaws Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ummm...you are 46. Don't blame your parents. You make your own choices. And now you have made the healthy choice to take charge of that part of your life. Congratulations! You can do it!
  • wuddle
    wuddle Posts: 2
    Options
    This is my first time here. A friend of mine gave me the site name, she's pretty busy and wanted me to check it out. I like this site, I think it will work great to help me keep on track, I'm pretty busy too. But I know I need to loose these pounds to help me feel better and keep my health up. You know I'm not getting any younger , my baby is turning 25 next Saturday. :)... I'm going for the loosing 5 pounds by April 30, I can do this.
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, Liz! I'm hoping that the smiley face after your "I blame my parents" statement means that you don't really blame them. Because blame gives someone else control and takes our own control away! And what we need on this journey to better health is to have complete control of all that we do, to see our goals and do what we need to to meet them. I think you'll find this site a great way to help you do that! The support is great and the information is wonderful! I wish you the best as you make your own decisions and rally your own determination to become the person you want to be! You can do this! You have it in you! Best of all to you! :D ... Judy
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Thank you!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Yes, it was a joke, hence the smiley face :D Thank you!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    That was a joke - hence the smiley face. Thanks for the support!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Awesome! I hope this works for both of us!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Thank you! I hope so, too!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Hi and thank you! Good idea about the nutrients page!
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    This is a great site, and very supportive folks on here. I have avoided writing down what I eat, not wanting to be ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I like to think I'm a creative free spirit. But I have been humbled to see how much I have really been eating for years. No wonder I'm in this shape! The nutrients list is very interesting to track. I added sodium to my list so I can work on getting that number under control - love salty foods! I use mfp on my Android phone, too, which is really helpful when I am out and about. We're all doing this together!
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Yes - tracking salt is so important! I want to get off of bp meds. That's another goal I have. Love the cat in the pic!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love you, bestie. :heart: :heart: :heart: Remember though -- not everyone "gets" our brand of humor. Nevertheless, I am so proud of you! :happy:
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    I love you, too, bestie!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: