For those who have completed RIPPED IN 30

Options
Hey oh,

question about rest days -
(Just finished the 30day shred, and I did not take any rest days.. not sure if this was wise? But I'm feeling grand so:)

right, so during ripped in 30, what was your rest day schedule like?
If I do six days straight, and take a rest day (say on Sunday), then do I do an extra day of level 1 on that following Monday?

What did you guys do?

Thanks for any replies,
Andy

Replies

• natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I did each level 5 to 6 times, and changed levels each week.
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy,

I think that makes sense. I"ve just started it and am mixing with 30DS so am a little all over the place, but if you wanted to stick to 7 days per level that should work. Then again, if you've just completed 30DS you'll fly through Level's one and 2 of Ripped so might be worth dedicating fewer days to the earlier levels and making it back up with 3 and 4?

Good luck with it and I hope you smell lots of fat burning x
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting the 30 day shred! Can I ask you how you got on? (results-wise?)

And also...I'm finding level 1 easy and its only my second day, should I move straight on to level 2?

Hope you get lots of feedback on the rest days as I'd like to know too! x
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I did each level seven times and took two days off a week. I'll be finished on Tuesday.

Level one is pretty easy if you've already finished up 30 Day Shred. It's kinda a mix of level one and two of the Shred.
    Level two is more difficult but I don't remember much about it.
    Level three was horrible, I hated it.
    Level four is difficult and challenging but in a good way, you actually WANT to push yourself in this level. I love it.

I'll be putting up before/afters on Wednesday on my blog.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hedwighigh
    I posted every day that I did Ripped and before that I posted every day that I did the Shred.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I'm just starting the 30 day shred! Can I ask you how you got on? (results-wise?)

And also...I'm finding level 1 easy and its only my second day, should I move straight on to level 2?

If it's too easy and you don't feel like you're getting anything out of it then go ahead to level 2. That's what I did with Ripped in 30 level 1. By day 5 it was too easy.
  • betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options

Hi,

I def saw the result in inches, if not in weight - I was on a plateau when I started, and upped my calories halfway through -- gained, then lost two pounds (so my results were not as high as others that I have seen on this site:)

In total I lost 7.5 inches, and 3lbs in the 4 week period.

Oh and I don't know about moving right up to the next level - I think Jillian may have designed her workouts to prepare you for the next level, but if you feel comfortable doing so I don't see why not! (Just something to consider:) I found Level 2 to be much more difficult than Level 3.

Here is are some comparison photos (first pic taken two weeks before starting the shred)

Before
    4-upon2012-02-13at1656.jpg

After
    4-upon2012-03-31at08559-1.jpg

PS thanks to everyone who replied! x I think I'll take one rest day a week. I also do high intensity cardio 4x a week and strength training 3x a week, so its probably a good idea!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i just did level 1 day 1 of ripped in 30. I agree it seemed easy since i just finished 30ds... but i burned the most calories i have ever done. more then 30ds..... i was very surprised about that. i think i will do 5 days of level 1 and then go to level 2... i wasn't sure if i was going to do 7 days of each level and do more then 30 days... but since level 1 seemed a bit easy i may only do 5...
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Did you do more than one each day for each level?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    the very 1st time i did 30ds i only did it once a day. Then the second time i did it 2 months later i did 2 levels a day. With Rin30 i am doing just once a day too and we will see where that takes me.....