waist measurement misery

Options
2»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Forget about 'ideals.' They don't exist. We're all unique in shape and size. You are no longer an adolescent. You are a fully grown woman with a woman's body. Embrace it, and work on being the best you can be for YOU, not some arbitrary notion of perfection.

Thank you pinuplove.. your post just made me bawl again. I know it's stupid to cling on to these imaginary ideals, I just can't help it sometimes. I suppose having had an ED when I was younger doesn't help, some of those sick notions of how nice it would be to look sickly thin still haven't gone away.

Sounds like you never got over your ED or may be relapsing. 28" waist is not big. I think it might be useful to seek some help and talk about how you feel with a professional who can help you work through it.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hey, ten years ago I had hair so....
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    I envy you! Your waist measurement is my thigh measurement. Don't feel bad about it, you don't need to change yourself, but if you want to, I've heard that gaining ab muscle will actually shrink your waist, even if you're technically gaining weight.
  • highflyer1
    Options
    i dont measure my waist at all. Maybe guys dont? I just look at my weight. LoL
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. probably you should stop crying and be more positive for yourself. You're not as bad as you think. Take some time aside, and do some online research in food and nutrition, and proper exercise. Then start and make the right changes. Don't listen to your mind, or myths spread by people who are struggling themselves. Research for the right info from professionals in their field, and you will see how much easier is to change your body. Always be patient and consistent. You don't get fat overnight, so don't expect loosing considerable weight in few days or weeks. It might take months, but is all up to you and how you utilize the right nutritional and exercise information. Thank God we live in the internet era, and is much easier to gain the right knowledge. You just have to search for it. Good luck, and don't forget, be positive. Change "DON'Ts" with "I CAN" :)
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and my waist changes between 26-28 inches depending on how much I've eaten and everything.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can identify with you on this. I am 5' 10" and even when I had a flat tummy I was a UK size 12, I went from kids clothes straight into 12's... I just have to accept the fact that I will never be a tiny petite person no matter how much I lose. There are advantages to being tall though, clothes generally look a lot better and if you do put on a few pounds its much less noticeable! :smile: