Hello

Options
My friend just introduced me to this site and I am very excited. I have tried every diet imaginable and it works for awhile but then I start gaining weight again. I am 49 years old and I need to get healthy if I want to live longer so I hope you all will help me achieve my goals. :)

Replies

• formichelle
    Options
    Hello and WELCOME ABOARD!! This is a wonderful website and the calorie counter is the best! Good Luck to ya and drink lots of water!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • vseiter415
    Options
    Thank you!! Any advise is welcomed. Thanks again! :smile:
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Hello and Welcome vseiter415:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

MFP is the greatest diet aid tool I have ever found. If I had to write all this stuff down....well..you know- I haven't got the time, much less remember. :noway: Keep yourself accountable. Look up calories in foods your not sure about. Processed sugars and HFCS high fructose syrup are bad!:explode:
    Stay away from fast foods unless you know how many calories and what kind are in the. This is really about changing your life and way you eat forever. Grabbing food for comfort or boredom is no longer an option! You must be aware of what, when and where you are eating. :bigsmile: :huh: :bigsmile:
    Been there and done it for 25 years of gaining weight!:frown:
    So get started! Get psyhced! Get pumped! Grab your water bottles for plenty of filling/flushing H2O!
    We can do it!!
  • Younger_at_50
    Younger_at_50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! There's a lot of great information being shared by the members here. The only piece of advise I can think to give is to not use the word diet .. I try to look at this process as 'what am I willing to change and can I keep it up for the rest of my life'. I have done it wrong in the past soooo many times .. this site has been a real eye-opener!

Good luck to you and I hope your experience is FANTASTIC! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: