oversized clothes

Options
I haven't lost that much but some clothes are just to baggy.
When should I give them away?

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I say, if you have enough clothes that do fit that you can wear... give them away now....its like a line in the sand...no going back. Just my opinion. Keeping them longer makes me feel like I'm giving myself an 'out'...a "just in case I ever get bigger"...and I dont want to give myself that chance.
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I just went through this. Most of my jeans were really baggy and when I used a belt they got that scrunchiness so they just looked so bad. i was scared to get rid of them, but I realized that if I have them it will be easier to gain the weight if I already have a wardrobe to fit into. I gave away just 2 pair at first and it felt so good I went through my closet and got rid of everything that didn't fit!!! No place to go now but smaller!!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost that much but some clothes are just to baggy.
    When should I give them away?

I agree with Tus Sun 100%
    I have given away all my old clothes and I am so glad I did, because once my new clothes started to get a little tight....I knew that I NEEDED to get back on the wagon right away. For me, keeping bigger sizes was giving myself permission to go back....

good luck:flowerforyou:
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks

All 3 of you have done so amazing great
    After work today I will do it.
    I have 3 boxes with clothes that are to small and nearly new
    Good Luck
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I boxed up my clothes as they became too big. I had a really hard time getting rid of them, so I duck taped the box. When I forgot about them, and then found the box while cleaning, I donated them to Woman in Distress.

As I have gone along I have gone through 3 sets of clothing. Some of the clothes were brand new when I gave them to WID and I am sure some nice lady wore that suit to a job interview!!

:flowerforyou:
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Yes
    It's great if you can get rid of them because they are simply to big and not old.
    I am sure others will be very happy them
    I hope sooner or later I can open that box out of my room stuck there with nice jeans

When I see your weight losses I get realy exited, Come on patty I say to my self.
    I also want to be on that list
    keeep it up
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Give them away NOW:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

People on MFP gave me that advice and I love them for it.:heart::heart: :heart:

Sometimes I think about the women who are happily wearing my size 16, 12, and 10 clothes because they had to give away their bigger stuff.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am NEVER going back to those big sizes.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    As soon as you can afford new ones. Maybe a thrift store shopping spree? I love thrift stores. ♥