Opinions on Zumba Plzzz

Options
Id like to kno if Anone here has had Any results from doing Zumba...If so do U have Before and After pics ....

I bought it and tryna Push myself to do it and Pray its Not a waste of time !!!

Replies

• Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    In general, Zumba is great, but it depends on a lot of things: How intense the instructor is, how fun he/she makes it ( so you want to come back often), and how hard you push yourself.
    So maybe check out the dvds first, shop around for a class, and have fun!
    I lost 15 pounds and put on a ton of muscle ( I found a crazy intense class and went often).
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Wii DVD...so i guess I wnat specifics on that!!! Not ready for a class yet
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVDs and the XBox game and tried them a couple of times but it wasn't much fun. Then I tried a class and it was AWESOME! I'd suggest going to a class. I've been a Zumba nut for two weeks now and I've never looked forward to working out like I do now. I've dropped four pounds in a week and I'm sore after the classes so they are working! Try a class and let me know what you think! :)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bump. I bought Zumba for Wii and only tried it for a few minutes. It seems I'm totally klutzy and hard a hard time following the steps. Curious about other peoples experience with it.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've gone to a super fun Zumba class for 3 weeks now....LOVE IT.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I go to two different classes and also have the Wii version, I have lost 15lbs so far and 3 inches on my waist from the wiggling lol
    Dont worry about the correct steps to start with, just enjoy it. I burned more calories from laughing at myslef getting it wrong at the start. Its fun. its a bloody good work out xx
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I dont have before and afters but in the frst months of doing zumba I lost 14lbs and I love it! I highly recommend going to a class. It's awesome fun!
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I've been to a few classes. I stopped going because I have no rhythm and feel self conscious. I have no idea how the bigger girls that go do it. Other than that, I did think it helps burn fat.
  • maggieguzmanbarreira
    Options
    Zumba it's great!!!!! If you like to dance that is.... I am not quite coordinated so I do it at home on the Xbox and I sweat my *kitten* off....
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Id like to kno if Anone here has had Any results from doing Zumba...If so do U have Before and After pics ....

I bought it and tryna Push myself to do it and Pray its Not a waste of time !!!

Classes are better in my book I couldn't get through it on the video game for the WII I hated it felt like I was not doing anything I felt as though I could move side to side and it was telling me I was doing good thought it boring. Do people get results from it yes I have a friend who loves it and has gotten great results for it. I myself would rather take classes. good Luck
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I prefer classes with an instructor and a group of people.It is a lot of fun and a great way to work out. I have the Zumba Wii and do use it when I want to change up my exercise routine at home. My daughter has the second Zumba Wii and likes it better. I have not tried it. I did Auqua Zumba this summer and loved it.
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    got the dvd set in the summer.. there is really one one dvd that i use, as the others are just too fast for me. i haven't used it in a little while, i must admit. it definitely took a few times to get used to and even now i still struggle with a couple steps but i figure as long as i'm moving, it's all good. i enjoy it!
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Class is better. When in doubt shake your bum. Very fun. Very very hard on your back.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It is OK but I would rather do Kickboxing or a bootcamp style class. I'm not a fan of aerobics either though.
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    the zumba rush for kinect on xbox is way better then the zumba wii game and it reads movement better. doing it on med or high impact is better and if ur not familiar with the moves do the tutorials first so you can follow the instructor better.

i used to go to the classes at lucille roberts 3 times a week or more if i could but stopped due to cost, the kinect zumba is the closet senario to the classes that ive seen
  • tiffbou2
    tiffbou2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor, and I agree with the above poster, that it really depends on the instructor and their level of intensity. I have been to Zumba classes where I barely break a sweat. I don't find the Zumba for Wii very intense and not nearly as fun as a live class, but I think it would be good for a beginner to get some of the basics steps before venturing out to a live class. Remember as well, that the first few classes, you will be learning steps to routines, and may feel like you haven't gotten a great workout, but Zumba is very repetitive. Once you know the routines, you will really be able to work hard. Keeping strong core, strong arms, fully completing moves and extensions, squatting or lunging deeper - all of these will help raise your intensity.
    For myself, I gravitate toward higher intesity routines and have attracted a crowd who appreciate that. I have had ladies lose 10-20 lbs just by taking up Zumba. I do have some people who still do weak movements or never do the higher intense options, which is just fine for them - the thing Zumba promotes is that anyone can do it! Zumba also is unique in that it has it's own culture, so once you really get into it, you will find lots of events in your area that cater to the local Zumba-nut clan and start meeting the same group will probably go to all the events associated with Zumba. I really love doing it, and if you find you really like it, you will keep doing it!
    Go to zumba.com and you can plug in your zip code and find classes near you. Most classes outside of a gym offer a drop in option so you can try it out. Try them all until you find a really good class. There are a ton of instructors out there right now but remember they are not all going to be the same.
    Good luck! :)
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I occasionally do zumba- yes people have great results but I only know it is a fun alternative and really burns tons of calories for the hour class I go to! I highly consider you to try it if you haven't! Try everything because you don't know what you will enjoy or be good at if you don't at least give it a try:)
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great. It works your cores muscles and the cardio is awesome. I burn an average of 645 cals per hr. I have lost 30lbs so far... I go to Zumba 2-3xa week :) I go to classes just bc I find it harder to workout at home bc of my kids and I get distracted. Good Luck :)
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been to a few classes. I stopped going because I have no rhythm and feel self conscious. I have no idea how the bigger girls that go do it. Other than that, I did think it helps burn fat.

I went today for my first class It was awesome!!! & I didnt worry about not having rhythm and left my self conscious self at the door! Had an awesome time and cannot wait to go back!!!!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba and Aqua Zumba. I loved it!! I didn't do AZ for too long, but it was fun. Zumba was a lot of fun, I had a fantastic instructor!

I did buy the Wii Zumba game- it was so different than my class, and I had too much trouble following it that I ended up selling it on Amazon. I don't have it yet, but I've heard Zumba 2 is a lot easier to follow. I might try that one out when I get some money for it. But I liked being around people and the camaraderie in the class, so I'd do that before I did the Zumba 2.