sun tea

Options
Ok, probably a stupid question - but how do you make sun tea? green tea, specifically... thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lmalrey
    lmalrey Posts: 4
    Options
    Not sure about green tea, but regular sun tea is easy to make. You put a 2 or 3 large tea bags in a glass jar and fill it with water. Sit it outside in a sunny spot for about 4 to 6 hours or until it gets as strong as you want it. Then you sweeten it to taste. I bet you can do the same with green tea. You can also add mint leaves to it to make it a little special. I hope this helps you out. Let me know how it turns out.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a jar that I got from WalMart with a spichot (spelling) on it but you can use a regular jar. Depending on the size of the jar, fill with cold water and tea bags. I use 3 family size or 6 regular size. I do both green and regular (not at the same time). I set mine out in the morning and bring it in in the afternoon. I transfer mine to a pitcher ( without the bags) since my spichot leaks (really old jar) and refrigerate. Really easy. I use decaf though so I can drink it anytime during the day.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a jar that I got from WalMart with a spichot (spelling) on it but you can use a regular jar. Depending on the size of the jar, fill with cold water and tea bags. I use 3 family size or 6 regular size. I do both green and regular (not at the same time). I set mine out in the morning and bring it in in the afternoon. I transfer mine to a pitcher ( without the bags) since my spichot leaks (really old jar) and refrigerate. Really easy. I use decaf though so I can drink it anytime during the day.

I do the same. :heart:
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    All ya do is take your GLASS jar with a lid, fill it with cold water and set your desired tea bags on the rim and close the lid (usually 4 bags make 4 cups) so whatever you choose, then just set it in the sun, it takes AT LEAST an hour so check it then to see if you like the taste...then poor over ice when done and enjoy!! :drinker: