C25K COMPLETE

Options
Today, I am a C25K Graduate. I completed the final run in the program today, and it's the first time I've EVER completed any "fitness-regime-in-a-box" program (and there have been A LOT of attempts with A LOT of programs).

Before C25K, I NEVER ran by choice in my life. I was always the kid who quit running in the first lap of the "run-the-mile" days at school. Before C25K, I had NEVER run a mile, let alone three. At the beginning, I struggled to run the 60 and 90 second intervals given in the program, even with breaks in between. Today, I ran for more 30 minutes without stopping.

The best thing I can say about the program is that it always challenged me, but I still completed every day of the program as directed. It was DOABLE. Some days I wanted to die. The first time I had to run 20 minutes straight, I couldn't feel my legs by the end. But I always did it, and, not to be cliche, if I could do it, ANYONE can. If you're thinking about trying the program, or just want to know more, feel free to message/friend request me.

As it is, I've got vacation coming up soon, so I'm going to focus on maintaining my runs at the current level three times a week for the next two weeks. When I get back, I'm going to explore restarting the program from the beginning on my "off" days to build speed and stamina (and eventually work up to running six days a week!).

Oh, and I lost about 16 pounds in the process to boot. Can't forget that :)

Replies

• adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I started C25K last year and am now up to 10K's. Keep it up :)
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am starting C25K in 8 days! Can't wait!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I plan to start the C25K program soon! I am like you, never have even run a mile before! eek! :) I have been doing some more running in my fitness classes and such, but i intend to one day be a C25K graduate like you!
    congrats on your success!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    *high five* congrats and great job! :flowerforyou:
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I, too, am a graduate of the program and am now training for my first half marathon :) You are so awesome for sticking with it!!! We are all very, very proud of you :) Enjoy your success!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    awesome, congratulations! You give me hope :) - I plan to start soon. How old are you? (I'm looking for more hope, haha)
  • toonces80
    toonces80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I hope to be in your shoes soon! I have 5 more runs and then I'll be a graduate.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Very well done.
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WOW CONGRATS!!! Thanks for sharing your success!! it's very inspiring to me, I just did W2-D2 this morning! Now I'm ready for D3!!
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Brilliant mate!! Well done!! I'm W4 R3 tomorrow....hoping to emulate your success!! :)
  • Man_in_Motion
    Options
    Thanks everyone! For those who've asked, I'm 35/male/6' and 225.2 lbs as of last weigh in. My BMI still classifies me as "Obese," but I completed the program anyway. Like I said, if I could do it, you can too!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the program!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    This is so great! Congratulations!

I start week 5 on Monday and now i'm scared of my legs going numb during my 20 minute run on Friday. :laugh:
  • karegirl
    karegirl Posts: 6
    Options
    What is this C25K? Sounds like a running program. I do NOT run, and am very out of shape, but looking at these posts, wondering if maybe this would be a good idea to try, or should I be more in shape first?
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Awesome work! :D

I've just completed week 3 of the c25k plan and you really motivate me :D
    I hope that at the end of these 9 weeks I'll also be able to run the 30min :)
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You just have me hope, I just finished week 1 day 2 today....it wasn't too bad but I'm pretty nervous for the 10 and 20 min runs....I was never a runner until now either...hoping I can finish the program also :):) thanks for sharing :)
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I bet you feel fantastic and you should feel very proud of yourself. I'm doing the C25k and today was my 20 minute run. You described it perfectly!

Again...congrats!!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Way to go! To know that you accomplished something this big and important and lost weight while doing it has got to be priceless! I am proud of you :)
  • DannieElise
    DannieElise Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Faaaabulous!!! I needed to see this post! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!