30 Day Shred~ Anyone up for it?

Options

Replies

• destinyisyours
    Options
    I'm going to try out LVL 3 today!!! And am actually excited about it. Still don't think I've lost any more pounds, but I'm still feeling good about the work out. I swear the last 10 pounds is the HARDEST ever! My fat doesn't want to budge.. It's comfy where it is. LOL... Fingers crossed for everyone, hope you all are doing well..
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good luck! My last 30 are not budging. :angry: I'm on day 8 - I've lost 2 lbs but I've been losing 2 lbs per week with my calorie deficit, so unless I lose more than 2, I can't attribute any weight loss to the shred - but I do see the difference in my clothes already and I can feel myself getting stronger. :smile:
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Oh yeah ~ I got my husband to do the shred with me last night!! Well, he didn't do any of the cardio but still - I was SO proud of him! Even though he called me this morning to tell me he's never working out again b/c he's so sore. :laugh: We'll see, I'll have his butt sweating it up with Jillian again tonight! :tongue:
  • swankgirl
    Options
    I'm so in. I just bought the DVD last night and was planning to try it out this afternoon. Has anyone tried Jillian's "Making the Cut"?
  • LADYKRASHY
    Options
    I have lost 1 inch off of my waist since I started level 2... and 1 inch off of my hips! Woohooo. Now I would like to see some inches fall off of my chest and my arms!
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Oh yeah ~ I got my husband to do the shred with me last night!! Well, he didn't do any of the cardio but still - I was SO proud of him! Even though he called me this morning to tell me he's never working out again b/c he's so sore. :laugh: We'll see, I'll have his butt sweating it up with Jillian again tonight! :tongue:

Too Funny! I'm trying to get my husband to do it too. He swears he'll try it tonight, but said my son and I have to go outside or something. He doesn't want us watching :laugh: He swears he has no time to go to the gym or work out. WHATEVER, I told him! 25 mins is ALL it takes! It's a start if anything. He's always made fun of me for doing work out dvd's.. but look who's loosing weight... He see's it now and amazingly said he would TRY it. We'll see. I can't wait ;-) I hope it does make him sore. Lol. Bad, I know, but they should realize what a great workout it is..

LADYKRASHY: Great job on the inch's lost!! I need to measure myself again. I did a few weeks ago, but didn't notice a difference yet.

swankgirl: Nope, never tried "making the cut". You? I want to try more of her videos though. She is awsome!! I've done some of the biggest looser vids. They are great too. Good luck today with the shred!

I did make it thru day 1 of lvl 3! Woohoo! It was a great one. It wore me out! But I'm not sore today. I don't know if that's good or bad! Sometimes I miss being sore. Lol. Never thought I'd say that!

Ok, gotta get some work done! Good Luck Everyone!
  • Laila21
    Laila21 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm going to go buy it today, after reading the comments. I do lots of cardio, but dont really enjoy strength training as much. AND boy did i need to tone these legs:laugh:
  • JStarnes
    Options

Too Funny! I'm trying to get my husband to do it too. He swears he'll try it tonight, but said my son and I have to go outside or something. He doesn't want us watching :laugh: He swears he has no time to go to the gym or work out. WHATEVER, I told him! 25 mins is ALL it takes! It's a start if anything. He's always made fun of me for doing work out dvd's.. but look who's loosing weight... He see's it now and amazingly said he would TRY it. We'll see. I can't wait ;-) I hope it does make him sore. Lol. Bad, I know, but they should realize what a great workout it is..

:laugh: My husband didn't want me to watch either. He stood behind me the whole time - but I made him stand next to me at one point b/c I glanced back & he was cheating! :angry: I'm MY quads are burning YOURS are too! haha :tongue: He had boys night out last night, so we'll see if I can get him to do it again tonight. I'm sure I can. I can talk that man into anything. :bigsmile: :wink:
  • Laila21
    Options
    I wnt and bought the shred at Target for $15, It was less on amazon but i'm an immediate gratification kinda girl. I'm starting tonite. It sounds like we're checking in on Fri. So i'm ready to go, it sounds like a shortened version of the urban iron class I begrudgingly take at the gym. So i'm excited yet bitter that I've committed to this.:ohwell: I usually only make it to that class 1-2 week. HERE WE GO

79110.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey hey! just checking in. i know i said i would be doing the shred AND boot camp but - um, heck no way jose!

my last day of BC is tomorrow. we are then off for 3 weeks and starting back up again. my plan is to do the shred as often as possible during those 3 weeks, so i will be poppin in from time to time to whine about how sore i am! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good job everyone! :drinker:
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Hi all! Hope everyone is well..

I did get my husband to do the shred the night before last. :laugh: And I did peek out there and watch him doing it. LOL. It was funny to see. But his legs have been sore since. And he didn't do it last night. I'm gonna talk him into doing it tonight though! Think he was impressed by the workout. Although, he did say several times that Jillian was crazy. Lol..

I weighed myself this morning. And lost no weight this week :angry: What gives? I'm working out like a mad woman. I eat great. Haven't been documenting like I should, but I know I've been eating healthy thru this. Maybe I need to log it all again, maybe I'm not getting enough calories in.. Who knows.? But I do notice the difference in my muscle tone, and I'm loving that! So onward I go.. I'm gonna do 6 more days on lvl 3 (which should have me completing the 30 days! and with only 4 or 5 off days TOTAL). Then I think I'll switch it up for a few weeks, maybe going thru lvl's1-3 on different days.. I still love the workout and am not quite ready to switch to another one yet.

Whats everyone doing after the 30 days? Just curious.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Where is everyone? How are you all doing? Good, I hope.

3 more days for me on lvl 3 and I will have completed the 30 days. WooHoo... I'm actually a little sore this morning :-) but still feeling good about it. My muscle tone has improved dramatically. Hopefully I will drop a few more pounds in the next week or two! Fingers crossed.

Just wanted to check in. Good luck to you all...
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm on day 4 of Level 2. It's a lot harder than i thought it would be. You have to have more flexability for lvl2 and that I just don't have. :noway: I've not lost any weight either. :grumble: I want to give up doing it but I'm in this now, I've only got 16 days left so why not go ahead and finish it. I didn't do measurements before so I'm not sure if I've lost inches or not. I'm not looking forward to level 3. But again, it's only 10 days, I think I can make it. I'm just having a blah kind of week.

Great job for all who are still with it.

Destiney - you're my inspiration! You're doing great! :drinker: and *fingers crossed* for some more lbs. I'd like the same!

I'll check back in sometime this week. :flowerforyou:
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm on day 4 of Level 2. It's a lot harder than i thought it would be. You have to have more flexability for lvl2 and that I just don't have. :noway: I've not lost any weight either. :grumble: I want to give up doing it but I'm in this now, I've only got 16 days left so why not go ahead and finish it. I didn't do measurements before so I'm not sure if I've lost inches or not. I'm not looking forward to level 3. But again, it's only 10 days, I think I can make it. I'm just having a blah kind of week.

Great job for all who are still with it.

Destiney - you're my inspiration! You're doing great! :drinker: and *fingers crossed* for some more lbs. I'd like the same!

I'll check back in sometime this week. :flowerforyou:

Sounds like your doing great too :flowerforyou: Each lvl is hard in it's own way, and targets different areas. But stick with it! Somebody's got to continue with me!! It has to be doing SOMETHING for us, right? I feel great about it, and really want to do lvl's 1 and 2 again. Gonna finish these next few days on lvl 3, then I'm going to rotate them a bit before going onto something else. Good luck to you, keep up the good work :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I started Monday, level 1.
    I did this program before and although I did not lose any weight doing it, I certainly gained a lot of strength.
    My program is to do it 3 days, alternating with HIIT 3 days and 1 day of Personal training.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I've just about finished the shred. I really haven't lost any weight. I did lose inches and feel a lot stronger. I am going to get her other dvds and see if that will take off some of the fat. There is more cardio and I think that's what I need. I know my muscles are a lot better, but this dvd didn't do great for getting the fat off. So, maybe if I can get that to go away, then I can do the shred again and actually notice what's going on. Maybe?!

I do really like this workout though. I just think its meant to tone or "shred" more than get rid of the excess fat and weight.
  • JStarnes
    Options
    Sounds like your doing great too :flowerforyou: Each lvl is hard in it's own way, and targets different areas. But stick with it! Somebody's got to continue with me!! It has to be doing SOMETHING for us, right? I feel great about it, and really want to do lvl's 1 and 2 again. Gonna finish these next few days on lvl 3, then I'm going to rotate them a bit before going onto something else. Good luck to you, keep up the good work :wink:

I'm sticking with it. Don't worry I'm in it for the long haul...the long sweaty haul. :laugh: I felt amazing after each level 1 workout - after each level 2 workout I just wanna die & never do it gain. :noway: :indifferent: But for some reason I feel like I have to finish it? Oh, and also bc one of my friends that is going on the cruise with us in sept is just 5 days behind me on the shred. I secretly want to do better than her. :huh: Ugh, I'm terrible. DH actually helped me want to do the workout the other night. I told him I'm giving up & he said not to - same reason as everybody else. Just bc you're not losing lbs doesn' t mean you're not losing inches. I really wish I would have measured before I started. Anyway, I'm still here with you!! :flowerforyou: Lets do this! I can' twait to finish so I can go back to doing Level1. I'd personally rather do level 1 twice than level 2 once. haha :laugh:
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i'm new here and just jumping right on it :wink: today will be day 3 on level 1 for me, i'm also walking for 30 minutes in the evening. i' hoping to lose this dreaded pregnancy weight that just isn't budging, lol. anyway, Shredding is fun but man the sweat that drips off me :noway: gross!!!
  • Laila21
    Options
    Rough weekend-so i lost sun/mon. but back on track. so i have completed 6 days of level one. i'm going to stick with it until Sunday. Its getting easier for me, but I am still doing mostly 'girl' push-ups. Looking forward to level 2-I could really use a boost with my weight loss. Its going in the wrong direction these days. AND i work out alot.
    Still walking the dog for bought an hour/day and going to gym for 45 mins cardio.
  • JStarnes
    Options
    I was lazy last night & didn't do day 5 of lvl 2. :grumble: that makes the 2nd day I skipped while on level 2. Anyway - you think if I do level 2 twice tonight I can count it as days 5 & 6?? :huh: please say yes. lol