So Tired....

kaylou
kaylou Posts: 375 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Of people telling you..."your fine" "why do you watch so much" "your on vacation" "its a special occaison" "one wont hurt"
I have some friends who really seem to try and make me feel dumb for all the excersize and watching what I eat. We are going on vacation next week with them and they have already said....you better not be watching while on vacation....and don't be bringing those workout videos.....well guess what...I AM!
I almost want to say thats the reason I don't look like you! (but that is mean) but tempting.
Just had to vent!!!

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    you have to do it for yourself girl! its good that you have the willpower to stay on your path while on vaca.. I wish I did!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Uggh! I can totally relate. Unfortunately with my friends I am the heavy one and they are all skinny. I always feel like they want to keep me fat so they look nicer when we are together.
    Just wait till next year girls...

Bring you video, count your calories, and look fabulous doing it!!!!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    of people seeing me eating something and being like "there goes the healthy eating" or "I can't believe you're eating that, you're mister healthy"

Guess what, I eat NORMAL FOOD!!! Don't judge my *kitten* or I will start telling you whats in EVERY BITE of food you stick in your mouth.

Just had to rant... :drinker:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    :drinker: good for you:flowerforyou: Your sticking to your plan. You've got to look out for yourself because nobody else will.:flowerforyou:
  • I have a few friends and a few family members that are very supportive. But them I have my ones that will say their little unwanted comments. Mostly thin girls who I think want be to stay fat. So stick with it - you are doing a wonderful job.
  • dkell
    of people seeing me eating something and being like "there goes the healthy eating" or "I can't believe you're eating that, you're mister healthy"

Guess what, I eat NORMAL FOOD!!! Don't judge my *kitten* or I will start telling you whats in EVERY BITE of food you stick in your mouth.

rock on:drinker: :drinker:
  • dkell
    When my husband and I go out with a group of friends and I order iced tea or water to drink and a salad for supper they all tell me I need to splurge once in a while and eat greasy food and drink something with a little kick to it. :grumble: :angry: Why???? I don't tell them what to order.:grumble:
  • I know what you mean. Try eating vegan style in Texas. It's a choice I make, and people treat it like it's a diet and I should 'cheat' on special occasions.
    Since I started, I have lost about 45 lbs....and it's not a diet. It's a life change. People just need to get over it. Everyone makes their own choices.
  • Younger_at_50
    Younger_at_50 Posts: 24 Member
    I can totally relate to the ribbing for being a "healthy eater". I get little digs from an overweight, unhealthy and younger brother-in-law who makes fun of my portions as just too puny. I always try to make a joke about it because in the back of my mind I tell myself .. gee, I'm the one who has a clean bill of health and can outdo him any day of the week in the gym and you think you're going to make me feel bad .. not a chance!!!

:drinker:
  • dkell
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kaylou
    Thanks guys....feels better that I am not the only one :smile:
  • kaylou

AMEN!
This discussion has been closed.