i want to but i really dont want to....

Options
i want to go for a nice long walk uring the day today, but i really dont want to at the same time...does anyone ever get like this? and how do u force yourself to get off ur butt and actually take the walk? lol i want to go take a walk for about 3-4hours......i know i can do it, but im kind of dredding it as well :grumble:

Replies

• GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I feel the same every time I work out... I usually screw myself by telling my wife I'm going to workout, then I feel like I have to since now I told someone I was going to. Sometimes though it's just the simple act of standing up. Take it one step further and put yer workout shoes on. Or...

GET UP AND GO FOR A WALK! CUZ I SAID SO! :laugh:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    put your shoes on, grab some water and some music and.... GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Pg:flowerforyou:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I always just put on my work out clothes and shoes. By that time I have already committed to do it. Once my shoes and socks are on my body seems to go on auto pilot. :laugh:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to not think about it...don't try to talk yourself into it...because that will only function to talk yourself out of it.... Someone I used to run with would tell me that he put all of his clothes out the night before, so that he didn't have to think about it...it was just automatic...no lounging in bed wondering what you're going to wear and if it is clean... Just do it...throw yourself out of bed, put your clothes on and get out the door..don't think. My advice, for what its worth...it has worked for me :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just go....the more you convince yourself you don't want to the greater the chance is you won't....take off lady!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    good advice everyone....lol but i have time to sit and ponder lmao waiting for old lazy bones bf to wake up :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have the same problem. I really didn't want to go the gym yesterday but I wanted to because I knew it would make me feel better. I ended up going and felt AMAZING after.

GO FOR A WALK!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    good advice everyone....lol but i have time to sit and ponder lmao waiting for old lazy bones bf to wake up :laugh: :laugh:

kick him.:tongue:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    or tell yourself you can stop after x minutes. usually after 10 or 15 min you won't want to stop and then you're on your way.

or...if you decide to stop, then stop. you moved a little and next time you'll move more.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    sorry, dbl'd it
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I obligate myself to others. I've put together a C25k group where I live that I'm leading. If I don't go, I screw over 4 other people, and I can't let that happen. Luckily my housemate can fill in for me on days when I can't go (like right now, stupid injured foot).
  • theatregoddess
    Options
    Just keep telling yourself how good you'll look and how much better you'll feel when you're done. Whenever I'm tired and I'm working out, I just keep saying to myself, "I'm gonna' be a fox." That does it enough for me. =P