Need suggestions for a work out plan

I am not really "new" to working out but am new to changing my life! Lol, I need to find a work out program, preferably free, that will tell me what to do each day. Example: Monday:cardio, arm raises, chest press, ABS, etc. This way I have a plan. I didn't find one on here yet. I am just now feeling "in control" over food and really want to add in a lifting schedule. If anybody had advise or and app or website let me know!

Replies

• clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    i like to do whatever sounds good at the moment. the only thing that is on a set schedule for me is yoga because i attend a class. but the others days I might do cardio or strength training. or i might stay indoors and use a workout app on my phone. or find a workout show on Netflix. Really, i find that it's best if I do what i just want to do because then I'm more willing to get up and move. :)
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 453 Member
    Do you like doing exercise DVDs? You could check out an assortment from the public library. Alternate between a cardio and a strength/circuit training tape.
  • Been training for years at gyms. Used to compete in amateur bodybuilding competitions. I swear by P90X (you can workout at home with this)....if that's too intensive, go to the Beachbody website as they have many different workouts for you! Good luck with whatever you choose. :happy:
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Do you have a smart phone? There are a ton of apps that can help you with this. For example, I have one app (I think it's just called Sit Ups) that is a plan to get you to do 100 sit ups in a row. (I actually use it to do crunches, but whatever.) The first time you use it, you do as many as you can. Then, after that, it will tell you how many to do, and even time your rests for you.

I also have an app that does my workouts for jumping rope. (That's a great low-cost exercise, BTW.) Just tell it how long you want to work out, and it leads you through a warm up and intervals of jumping and resting. It even has other kinds of jumping you can do besides the basic two feet jump.

There are also apps for weight lifting, but I don't have weights so I didn't bother to check them out. I did see one app the other day that claims to create an entire workout plan for you, and plan all of your meals. It wasn't free, but it was like $5.
  • Rebekadbh
    Rebekadbh Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks guys! The app suggestions are awesome. I would love to do p90x but I don't think I would pass the fitness test! Not even close. My dad has it and I want to get there soon. Actually that's why I want to start lifting and really getting in shape so when I get there I can challenge myself to it. Not sure if that makes sense. The only issue I have, in general, are my knees. I am only 28issue but they crunch when I work out. Like anytime I bend. Not just crunch but hurt. That's bad right!? I am hoping once some of the weight comes off it will get better.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Ow, that does sound bad. :( That might be something to talk to a doctor about before you decide what exercises you're going to do.

BTW, I just downloaded this app, looks promising: http://www.skimble.com/
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    If you have a smartphone of some type and/or easy access to the internet I suggest JeFit http://www.jefit.com/

It's like the EXERCISE version of myfitnesspal. Within the app and the website are several workout routines for cutting (weight loss and/or definition), general fitness, sport, and bulking (body building). It's a perfect companion to use with myfitnesspal and Fooducate http://www.fooducate.com/