Okay Ladies!!!! PMS Hunger???

Options

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate and reduced fat plain kettle chips...

gets the sweet and salty cravings without being too harsh!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I prepare for mine with simply lite dark chocolate and whipped cream. Lots of whipped cream!! And maybe sugar free pudding :) hope this helps you
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I'm so glad it's not just me. I half way give in. but I try to make good choices when I do. Other times I say to hell with it, gimme chocolate and everyone lives... LOL
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I start with dark chocolate and something with carbs, like a baked potato or bagel. That *usually* does the trick, if it doesn't, I give in and feed that monster whatever it wants! lol
  • lmnosser
    lmnosser Posts: 43
    Options
    lol, I'm right there with you!

what works best for me is to eat every 2-3 hours. I'm not actually eating more than i would in a normal day, i just make sure i have something to snack on.
    make sure to plan ahead so you don't make poor snack choices!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I haven't my period in like 5 months due to fat loss/ too much exercise (so says my doctor). But I remember how I would always be right before. Freaking insatiably hungry. I'd measure out 2 servings of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips and some peanuts. I'd try to eat them slowly... But I'd end up shoving them all in my mouth for the sweet/salty thing.

Another thing that seriously helped was greek yogurt. Or hummus with carrot sticks.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    My last PMS gave me massive carb cravings, I was attacking my boyfriends white loaf of bread like a locust

The only thing I do is make sure I work out, if I can't beat the cravings then at least I can make some room for the calories
  • vicky1966
    vicky1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    have this trouble too ...I read (a few years back) that we require an extra 50g of complex carb per day in the 3 or 4 days leading up to Not sure this would stop the all day craving for sugary or chocolatey goodies!!!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is the devil....very self defeating for me.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing happening. For the 3-4 days before it starts, I crave anything sweet and carb dense like no-one's business, and seem to get much hungrier than usual. It can be a real nightmare to control and in the past, I would just buy in a big chocolate bar and eat it all. I will try to deal with my next one with some frozen yoghurt or a few small ice creams, as they are far less damaging than packets of cookies and endless chocolate bars.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always want something deep fried with ranch! (think curly fries and cheese curds)

I fight these cravings, but feed them with more sensible choices.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i try not to get hungry..so snack all day...on healthy stuff...but when that chocolate or peanut butter urge strikes hard...i eat a teaspoon of peanut butter then i drink a ton of water...to the point where i dont want to put anything else in my mouth. LOL
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Haha I have the same problem! When it gets really bad, I just take a nap! My ultimate craving: peanut butter. I can't have just one table spoon (100 calories)...I have to have 5 (500 calories!)! So I just go to sleep ;) Water always helps me as well as being occuppied: homework, laundry, painting my nails, chores, watching a movie, etc. It's a toughie!
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I put my calories to maintenance for the couple of days that I want to eat everything, I generally don't eat them all but the fact that they are there takes the pressure off
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I just finished my contraceptives 4 weeks ago and the last few days I've been ravenous and not known why. Maybe my times coming? X
  • angelovearth
    Options
    My bane is milk. I stay away from that the rest of the month but when I get those cravings, I'll have a glass of milk and 4 squares of 85% Lindt Excellence dark chocolate. They don't set you back too bad and it's actually good for you. I can be good all day but around 8 pm exactly is when the cravings come.

My . comes around the 20th, so this last month actually, I had bought myself some protein powder and when 8pm came around I had a protein shake with milk. I bought chocolate protein powder and it totally satisfied me. I drank it slowly and enjoyed it and didn't need anything else.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'll let myself have a bit of chocolate, then I'll bite my boyfriends head off, that seems to do the trick.
  • Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I'm in no way of starting mine anytime soon because it just passed a few days ago. But, reading this post made me get up and pour myself a glass of chocolate milk. A 240 calorie mistake! :(
  • kendra0224
    Options
    I have yet to find a way to stop my eating frenzy at that time of the month. I have tried to find lower calories snacks to grab when I get a craving, mostly for chocolate. Someone told me that they eat chocolate raisinets so I got a bag of dark chocolate ones and eat 1/8 a cup when i want some chocolate; it comes out to be about 90 calories. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it leaves me feeling pretty full after I eat them. Oh and the 100 calories brownies and cookies are good for that too! :) good luck!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Just went through it last week! Not really sure yet how to control it. I'm better than I used to be though. I used to go through 6 or 7 pints of Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in the 5 days that I had my period! If i ran out and my husband wouldnt go to the store for me my crazy inner b*tch would come out and bite his head off! Now I don't even touch ice cream I just keep some peanut m&ms in the house and drink a lot of water while I'm eating them so as not to eat so many :smile: