Between sizes-Help?!?!

Options
Hi,

Need help and quick! I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last 3 months (Go me!) and want to buy a bodycon dress online for a special occassion ASAP and my body shape isn't particularly womanly (upside down triangle is the closest shape I can think of)

The dress may be stretchy and am torn between buying a UK 10 or a 12. A 14 in the same make when tried on is too big although my measurements state otherwise.

I'm Bust 36.5 inches. Waist 29 and hips 34.5.

It does have a cut out back so I think it may have give around the bust and due to my hips a 12 might look silly.

Not sure if right topic area- so apologies but any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• HauteT
    HauteT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wearing something too big or too small will make anyone look larger. If you really want to buy online rather than local (where you can try on) I would try my best to judge by the way the 14 fits you. Foundation graments do a good job of smoothing things out but if any clothing is too tight it will create bulges in places you didn't have them before. Congratulations on your weight loss and enjoy looking awesome in your new dress!
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    Because it's a dress, I'd go with the larger size if you don't know the material. Dresses tend to maintain form, so even if you could squeeze into it, it might be uncomfortable. With jeans, I'd go a size down, just because you'd be able to stretch them out.

Or buy the smaller size and a pair of Spanx! :)
  • wcsangel
    wcsangel Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm about the same measurements as you (36-28-35), and I tend to go for a 12 in close-fitting dresses. Without pictures though, I'm not sure how much help we can be.

Is there any chance you could buy a 10 and a 12, try them both on, and send the worse one back?
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! After your advice I'm going with the 12- worst comes to worst I can exchange it or have it altered x