Back Muscles After 4 Months Strength Training - Wow!

Options
vegamy
vegamy Posts: 204 Member
So I have been strength training for 4 months (4 times/wk, following Big Beyond Belief level 1 training).

I recently hit my goal weight (down 76 lbs!) and am now starting to tone.

For me, it's really hard to see the progress, so I took some pictures and did a comparison. Yay, I'm starting to get back muscles! :-)

First pic is from July 2012 (approximately 186 lbs) and the second is from March 2012 (approximately 155 lbs).

mebackcrop3.jpg

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Great work! Also love the tattoo :)
  • vegamy
    Options
    Thank you!! :-)
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You- of course- look fabulous!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Speaking of the tattoo...is it just me or is it on the right side of your back in one photo and the left side in the other?
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    AWESOME, I find the back to be sexy with the lines and how it separates! Brian
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    All of your hard work really paid off! Also nice camera. I can't tell if it is a Nikon or a Canon. I am a Nikon shooter.
  • KennyB124
    KennyB124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    raystark- one pic appears to be taken in a mirror and the other appears to be taken by someone else.
  • raystark
    Options
    raystark- one pic appears to be taken in a mirror and the other appears to be taken by someone else.

Thought it might be a mirror image deal. Thanks.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Nice work!

And I'm glad someone explained the moving tat - I admit I was confused. :)
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    you should totally do a shot flexing =)

Good job!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You look great! Yea for back muscles!!!
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • vegamy
    Options
    Speaking of the tattoo...is it just me or is it on the right side of your back in one photo and the left side in the other?

Ha! It's because the first picture was taken in the mirror, so my tattoo is backwards! It's actually on my left shoulder blade.
  • vegamy
    Options
    All of your hard work really paid off! Also nice camera. I can't tell if it is a Nikon or a Canon. I am a Nikon shooter.

Thank you! I'm a Nikon gal, I have a D700 (I do some photography on the side).
  • raystark
    Options

Ha! It's because the first picture was taken in the mirror, so my tattoo is backwards! It's actually on my left shoulder blade.

For some reason I didn't notice that you are holding a big old camera in the first photo and not in the second. Again, kudos on your muscle gain and fat loss.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ha - I noticed the floating tattoo too - but then saw the camera in the first shot. And - with the nice success showing in the second shot the OP was likely very willing to pose for a photographer - I would too (and well deserved!) Nice job to the OP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!