Ugh Its So Fustrating MFP

Options
Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
Good Morning, Afternoon..Evening where ever you may be where you are?.....Okay Ive been re organizing..switching up my food to keep them within my calories...and its with my favorite so im good with the changes.....But Ive have only one problem now ugh:grumble: :explode: :grumble: :explode: :angry: ..Im under in calories and only 111 from bein over in sodium its fustrating sodium is in efffing thing its annoying....My diary is public check me out to give me some feed back before I explode:explode: :grumble: ....

Replies

• Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Add more vegetables. Less cheese.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Up your vegetable intake. The more whole foods you eat, the less sodium you will consume. Some foods naturally contain a lot of sodium like seafood. Any name brand packaged product will contain sodium, especially in the meats like sausages and in the junkie foods! Best way to decrease sodium intake is to read the nutritional facts on the back in the grocery store. Hope that helps! :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Yea I read the labels and trying to keep them in check..Okay will due Ima add more vegetables, going to the grocery store to my to get some fresh produce..I knew everyone was going to say cheese:grumble: :grumble: I love cheese I already gave up sweets sodas and chips ..not my cheese:cry::cry: But if I have to I will:cry:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yea I read the labels and trying to keep them in check..Okay will due Ima add more vegetables, going to the grocery store to my to get some fresh produce..I knew everyone was going to say cheese:grumble: :grumble: I love cheese I already gave up sweets sodas and chips ..not my cheese:cry::cry: But if I have to I will:cry:

I haven't read your food diary so I can't give an answer on The Great Cheese Smackdown- but there are cheeses that are lower in sodium. Just have to keep reading those labels. :)

Never hurts to add more veggies- yumm!
  • Shanta1983
    Options

I haven't read your food diary so I can't give an answer on The Great Cheese Smackdown- but there are cheeses that are lower in sodium. Just have to keep reading those labels. :)

Never hurts to add more veggies- yumm!

Well can you give me some inputs on some low sodium cheese please:sad:
  • lassielou
    Options
    Try squeezing fresh lemon on your veggies and spraying them with butter spray.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you go to the deli and ask, they'll usually be able to hook you up with low sodium cheese :)

You can also make your own, though it'll be pretty bland. Its an Indian cheese called Paneer. Its usually cubed and fried to be added to dishes but you can eat it straight.

Buy some whole milk. Put it in a pot. Bring it to a boil while stirring. Add about 2 tbsp of lemon juice and stir until you see curds separate. Then pour it all into a strainer lined with cheesecloth inside. Run some cold water over the curds to wash off the lemon juice, and then tie the cloth into a ball really tight so the cheese firms up. You can press it under some books if you want. Then store it in the fridge to finish firming up. The more compact and tight you make it the firmer the cheese will be at the end.

Takes about a half hour to make. Its sort of like mozzarella but doesn't have quite the same flavor. But its low in sodium.
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Wow thanks...Well what do you Know I work in the Deli Im a Deli clerk..And Im look tommorow when I go to work:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If you go to the deli and ask, they'll usually be able to hook you up with low sodium cheese :)

You can also make your own, though it'll be pretty bland. Its an Indian cheese called Paneer. Its usually cubed and fried to be added to dishes but you can eat it straight.

Buy some whole milk. Put it in a pot. Bring it to a boil while stirring. Add about 2 tbsp of lemon juice and stir until you see curds separate. Then pour it all into a strainer lined with cheesecloth inside. Run some cold water over the curds to wash off the lemon juice, and then tie the cloth into a ball really tight so the cheese firms up. You can press it under some books if you want. Then store it in the fridge to finish firming up. The more compact and tight you make it the firmer the cheese will be at the end.

Takes about a half hour to make. Its sort of like mozzarella but doesn't have quite the same flavor. But its low in sodium.

You always have something cool to say. Thanks I am going to play with this this weekend:flowerforyou:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    PROCESSED FOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO MANY
  • Shanta1983
    Options

Oh wow really point em out
  • Shanta1983
    Options

point em out I know the cheese give me some of your pointers
  • twilight1542
    Options
    You should add the "sugar" column to your diary. I'm guessing the dairy products a fruit will put you well over MFP recommendations--at least that's what always happens to me :(
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    One word - Cheetos! The three ounces you had the other night had 720mg of sodium!

Also, i'd rethink the bagel and cream cheese in the morning. I usually have a bowl of oatmeal. It has 160mg of sodium. I'm also seeing the brats as part of your downfall.

I would also consider using plain oil and vinegar for salad dressing. Bottled dressing has way to much sodium in it.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options

point em out I know the cheese give me some of your pointers

The Birds Eye steamer you had over the weekend had tons of sodium. If you made that fresh from scratch, i guarantee you that amount would drop in half.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    more fruits and veggies....

maybe instead of the bagels try Thomas Better Start light multi grain english muffin - it's only 100 cal - increased fiber and you can still make your breakfast sandwich.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    What are processed foods??
    Anything that comes in a box, bag, package of ANY kind.

All our faves: cookies, chips, cereal, breads, pasta, sauces etc. etc.
    Even ICE CREAM!!!!!! :sad: :laugh: :sad: :cry: :cry:

WHOLE foods are in their natural state, processed & altered as little as possible.
    Don't mess with Mother Nature! :laugh: :love: :flowerforyou:

I agree, add sugar to your diary. Packaged foods are LOADED with sodium & sugar.
    It's shocking how much is in there, but both get us HOOKED and craving more!

And Ms. Deli Girl..... Watch out for meats processed with nitrates. Bad Mojo! :noway:

Way to GO-GO!!! So KQQL you're changing it up! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • jmilf1
    jmilf1 Posts: 5
    Options
    The only way I could give up cheese was to just stop buying it. It was hard but if I don't buy it, I don't eat it. I am even learning to eat my salads without cheese.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    The only way I could give up cheese was to just stop buying it. It was hard but if I don't buy it, I don't eat it. I am even learning to eat my salads without cheese.

Me too!!! ......... I cut way back years ago cuz of digestion probs. :grumble:

My bf loves to cook & puts cheese on everything! :noway:
    Now we rarely buy it ....... both on a budget & diet. whew...... :drinker:
    I agree........ best not to buy it! Then portion control is easier. :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Oh wow Okay people I said today:laugh: :laugh: not the others days thats the past I knew I was over on them gosh:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: