Frustration!

Options
Hi! Through February and the beginning of March, I did great losing my weight and getting closer to my goal weight.
Then, I didnt track or exercise at all over my spring break. Big mistake- I gained 8 pounds, which put my OVER my initial start weight by quite alot.

Im very frustrated, because Ive been much stricter and more realistic with my tracking calories and my exercising since then, and its been over two weeks and Ive lost like, a pound. Ive tried upping calories, restricting, exercising more, lifting...I dont know what is wrong with me! I know if Im lifting Im probably gaining muscle so maybe that could account for it, but I was lifting beforehand too, and I was seeing results in my body, and my body still looks gross right now. I just need some advice because Im frustrated but I dont want to give up!

ALSO***
I just changed my diary settings the other day. I did also have a "Snacks" category, and recently eliminated it. So i was eating closer to my goal everyday, but it just took all those foods out of my diary when I got rid of that section.

Replies

• dramajudy
    Options
    It's hard, when you get off track, to get back on. You've gotta stick to it and let yourself have what you want in moderation. Instead of going crazy over a week (and this is hard especially on a vacation or around holidays), you give yourself a day every week to let loose. It'll keep your body happy and your mind happy too (:
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    I guess youre right, the sad thing is, i wasnt TRYING to "let loose" or "cheat" over spring break. I was just home, and since I was home I was just taking advantage of home-cooked meals and all the other goodies I cant get while at college. I never imagined id gain as much as I did and it was so disappointing!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Disappointing, yes, but a good wake up call. You can fix it. Just jump back in here and do it again. Lesson learned I'm sure. I'm pulling for you.
  • hillary124
    Options
    Disappointing, yes, but a good wake up call. You can fix it. Just jump back in here and do it again. Lesson learned I'm sure. I'm pulling for you.

Thank you!!
    I just wish I knew why its so hard to lose now, when typically the more I weigh, the easier it is for me to lose. Im just losing alot of confidence.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Sad to say, but weight seems far easier to put on than take off! Hang in there, and you will find something that works to take the weight off. Your body may just be re-adjusting to your new regimen.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? Because your diary is a bit alarming. If you are logging everything, then you have days where you are NETTING 200-500 calories. This is not a healthy or sustainable to lose weight. If the diary is right, then I have a good idea why you are not losing...
  • hillary124
    Options
    Sad to say, but weight seems far easier to put on than take off! Hang in there, and you will find something that works to take the weight off. Your body may just be re-adjusting to your new regimen.

Thanks for the encouragement. I tried to get right on the right track again, eating lots of fruit and veggies and whole grains- and then have had, errr, digestive issues ever since. So now im trying to cut down on the fiber but its just stalling my weight loss even more. Im just lost and its just frustrating!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? Because your diary is a bit alarming. If you are logging everything, then you have days where you are NETTING 200-500 calories. This is not a healthy or sustainable to lose weight. If the diary is right, then I have a good idea why you are not losing...

I agree with this. You need to eat your BMR or your body will hold onto the weight.

ETA: Also a good idea just to be healthy.
  • hillary124
    Options

I never net that low! Typically at least 800-1000, but the only things i dont ALWAYS log are fruit and dark chocolate, because I will eat them on the go or while studying, etc, and dont feel bad about not counting them. Id say on an average day I still net around 1200, which was always working for me before.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are very stubborn, and so hard to get off! As long as you're eating right, exercising and building that muscle, I'm sure you'll notice a change in your body shape. Maybe forget about the scale for now and go for some measurements or how your clothes are fitting!
  • hillary124
    Options

I agree with this. You need to eat your BMR or your body will hold onto the weight.

ETA: Also a good idea just to be healthy.

Ive been trying healthy, been trying BMR, and been trying 1200 calories a day. 1200 seems to honestly work best for me (it did in the past) but ever since I hit that bad week NOTHING is working.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options

I never net that low! Typically at least 800-1000, but the only things i dont ALWAYS log are fruit and dark chocolate, because I will eat them on the go or while studying, etc, and dont feel bad about not counting them. Id say on an average day I still net around 1200, which was always working for me before.

You need to log EVERYTHING or there is no way to be sure what you are netting. Fruit and Dark Chocolate have a lot of calories (apples are 75+, small bananas are 90, ect)

And for you, 1200 may not be enough. Especially with how little you have to lose. Figure out your BMR and eat at that for a bit to see if it helps.
  • hillary124
    Options

You need to log EVERYTHING or there is no way to be sure what you are netting. Fruit and Dark Chocolate have a lot of calories (apples are 75+, small bananas are 90, ect)

And for you, 1200 may not be enough. Especially with how little you have to lose. Figure out your BMR and eat at that for a bit to see if it helps.

I know it seems like I should, but I know the amount of calories Im eating and doing it like this has always worked for me. I allow myself one treat a day that I dont log, as long as I know it'll still fit in my goal for the day.

I have to lose 11 now. Im above my initial starting weight. I tried eating at my BMR and it didnt help at all. I just feel so defeated!