Visalus BodyByVi

Options
Is anyone participating in the BodyByVi 90 day challenge? I started mine today, many of my friends have had great success.

Replies

• jinbody1
    jinbody1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I haven't personally but know several that have and they have all done well. I don't know much about it but I do know that the protein shakes are the same thing that you can get from a vitamin store or even some grocery stores for a lot cheaper. Gold Standard, which is the brand I currently use, is only $25 for 908g of powder and it has more protein per serving than the Body By Vi shakes. I don't want to sound like I'm down on anyone using that program but just trying to help. I think users pay mostly for the support and it makes you responsible for your weight loss in a way. So, you may consider checking into other protein mixes. That's my 2 cents.
  • AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    Search in the message boards Visalus BodyByVi and there is a ton of posts
    Good luck :D
  • shaunacamz
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out! I've tried some from a health food store once with no success. The thing that brought me to try these was my doctor had mentioned it and a few friends had good success. I do think it's a little expensive, and I wonder how thinsg pan out when you stop the shakes ... but it's worth a shot.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hmm....not sure. Everyone I know is on this kick! I don't have the extra cash to dish out for it, but have started making Isopure shakes that my husband had sitting in the cabinet!!! So far, down 2lbs this week hehe...I guess it's working. PS the isopure has twice the protein and fewer carbs! Good luck, and keep us updated on how you're doing!!
  • jinbody1
    Options
    The thing from buying them from a store is that you have to make sure you are getting the right kind. There are some that are meal replacements which are higher in calories and fat. The kind I use ,Gold Standard, isn't a meal replacement so it is low in calories, fat, and carbs but high in protein(24g per 30g serving). This way, I can use it as a meal replacement,sometimes with something else small, and as a snack throughout the day. IMHO, you will be fine when you stop taking the shakes as long as you think of it more as a life change than a diet. Replace the shakes with small, nutritional meals and you should be fine when you quit. They are a little expensive but if that works for you then definitely worth it. I know I was eating fast-food way too much so spending a little on proteing shakes is a major improvement. Best of luck to you!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    It's a good product, but very expensive for something that's basically an eat less, move more program. It makes the jumping off point easier by being super convenient. I use Bio Whey protein. It's a bit pricey, but I get it at a discount at the gym I work at. There are loads of good quality proteins out there that are less expensive. You are far better off eating actual food in the long run, but if this gets you motivated, go for it!
  • ilovesanfran
    Options
    I'm on day 14 and have lost 8 pounds. I'm going to start putting in some exercise and see if i can drop more quickly. i do have more energy and feel better.. i have made an amazing coffee drink that i do everyday! i love coffee drinks!!! that was one thing that caused me to gain weight, baskin robbins cappuccino blast.. they are great drinks to me..
  • myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion thanks!
  • shaunacamz
    Options
    I'm on day 14 and have lost 8 pounds. I'm going to start putting in some exercise and see if i can drop more quickly. i do have more energy and feel better.. i have made an amazing coffee drink that i do everyday! i love coffee drinks!!! that was one thing that caused me to gain weight, baskin robbins cappuccino blast.. they are great drinks to me..

I found a peanut butter cup recipe that I love, but the shake just plain is tasty as well. Congrats on the weight loss :)
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Im on it. Havent lost a whole lot I dont think....but my energy levels are up and I feel good. Huge stress reliever for me, as I hate wondering "what am i going to have for lunch??"

Love it. Best of luck on your challenge!!
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    love it! the energy that it gives you is great. That is what I use it for. I was already having good success at losing weight prior to using it. I enjoy most of their products. Depending on what you add to it each shake comes out to be less than $2 which is cheaper than most meals or snacks.
  • shaunacamz
    Options
    Well I weighed in yesterday for week one and was down 6lbs. I have to say, I was skeptical but I'm now impressed.
  • jinbody1
    Options
    Congratulations, Shauna! That's a great start! Do whatever works for you. Keep it up.