struggling at 130 5'7

Options
so i have been a thin girl all my life.. well to other people i have been.but i hate my body, ya i have a healthy bmi and people think i am just fine. but im not happy.. i want to lose 10 pounds. i eat like a bird, always have. i dont eat the best but not horrible.. i do small exercises about 5 days a week, (situps, pushups, lunges, squats, and lift small weights) i dont get it. i just want to feel good and look good. its like no matter what i do i stay at the same weight! 130-132! i want in the 120s and even if i ate cake all day or starved myself i would stay the same. HELP... thinking about diet pills... what do you think?

Replies

• Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Think you should stir clear of diet pills or any other quick fix. The best way is the natural way...staying on MFP, six small meals and a great exercise plan. Try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and then after that her 30 Day ripped. That should do the trick. Keep your head up.
  • rachanne0906
    Options
    thank you for your advice, i will look into that!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You have 10 pounds to lose.. So they are going to come off super slow. The most you should be trying to lose is a half a pound a week.. anything more is too aggressive.

Also the weights are going to make you retain water.. which is going to make the scale go up, even though you haven't really gained anything.

As far as diet pills go.. Don't do them. It's a waste of money and when you get done, you are just going to gain it back.. so just keep the course and eventually the weight will go.
  • rachanne0906
    Options
    thanks, i guess its just a waiting game.. its so hard and summer is right around the corner... any suggestions? any good fat burning food or exercises that have worked for you?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    thanks, i guess its just a waiting game.. its so hard and summer is right around the corner... any suggestions? any good fat burning food or exercises that have worked for you?

You can't spot reduce nor are there magical food/exercises that will burn the fat.. You just need to eat a deficit and when it comes off, it comes off.

It may also be that 130 is where you are meant to be... and by lifting weights and hopefully putting on a bit of muscle/losing some of the fat, you'll weigh the same but look smaller because muscle is denser than fat.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Give Stash Chai Green Tea a try. I have been using it for about 2 months. It's a natural fat burner and will help you shed pounds. Drink one with you breakfast and one with your dinner. Continue to exercise and eat and don't use it as a cure all.
  • rachanne0906
    Options
    i will try all this, thanks
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You are already in the lower half of the healthy weight range for your height, your body might just already be at the weight it's wants to be. Do you really need to lose 10 lbs on the scale, or do you need to tighten up your body? You can accomplish the latter without losing scale weight by taking up heavy lifting - really pushing yourself can help you lower your body fat percentage and make it *look* like you've lost weight b/c your body will be smaller and tighter with more definition. Check out New Rules of Lifting for Women - it comes highly recommended with great results on this board. :-)

P.S. I am already in the lower half of the healthy Wei range for my height as well, and also not satisfied with how I look just yet - I am starting the Chalean Extreme 90 day program next week and lifting heavier weights than I have before wi Jillian Michaels DVDs, then when I finish that program I plan to join a gym and start the NRoLfW program. :-)
  • rachanne0906
    Options
    thanks, yes i agree its not really about being 130.. i dont look 130. i look heavier.. i need to tighten up.. seems like i have to work harder just because i am in the lower half of a healthy weight range. i think i will get the jullian michaels dvds, only 7 bucks at walmart.. good deal and your the 2nd person who has suggested that.
  • sagardner70
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 130ish pounds and was not happy with how my body looked. I recently completed Jillian's Shred in 30 and really liked the results. Did not lose much weight, but did lose inches. Take before and after pictures and measurements. If you stick with the workout you might find that you like your current weight. I'm currently doing her Ripped in 30 and can't wait to see my results when I'm done. Good Luck!
  • rachanne0906
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 130ish pounds and was not happy with how my body looked. I recently completed Jillian's Shred in 30 and really liked the results. Did not lose much weight, but did lose inches. Take before and after pictures and measurements. If you stick with the workout you might find that you like your current weight. I'm currently doing her Ripped in 30 and can't wait to see my results when I'm done. Good Luck!

thank you! i really appreciate your advice. glad to talk to people who get it!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    thanks, yes i agree its not really about being 130.. i dont look 130. i look heavier.. i need to tighten up.. seems like i have to work harder just because i am in the lower half of a healthy weight range. i think i will get the jullian michaels dvds, only 7 bucks at walmart.. good deal and your the 2nd person who has suggested that.

what about just toning/strengthening rather than trying to lose more weight? you'll likely look smaller, if that's what you want, if you're more toned!