Foods that make you feel good!

Options
Does anyone have a food they eat all the time that just makes you feel good? I've found that eating raw spinach makes me feel good. I also love to eat dove's dark chocolate. That's an instant pick-me-up right there! ;)

Replies

• MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    String Cheese. It's a great snack that meets my salty-chewy craving without sending me into a sugar coma.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    In theory, anything smothered in cheese should make me feel good. I love cheese so much! But in reality, I actually feel *awesome* after eating raw carrots. The taste is okay, but the feeling of awesomeness I get afterwards is just addicting!

ETA... And yes, I really do love exclamation points, apparently. :blushing:
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    In theory, anything smothered in cheese should make me feel good. I love cheese so much! But in reality, I actually feel *awesome* after eating raw carrots. The taste is okay, but the feeling of awesomeness I get afterwards is just addicting!

ETA... And yes, I really do love exclamation points, apparently. :blushing:

I do, too! <<<See? ;) Yumm, cheese. I could eat it all day long. :love:
  • sahasrara7
    Options
    Brocolli and Korean BbQ! YUMM
  • ClaytonRosa
    Options
    I absolutely love brussel sprouts! But my guilty pleasure is, hands down, crunchy peanut butter. :)
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I absolutely love brussel sprouts! But my guilty pleasure is, hands down, crunchy peanut butter. :)

Wow, I can't believe I found another person who loves brussel sprouts! I absolutely disgusted my family when I ate them yesterday... something was said about them giving off a strong odor. :P
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Wow, I can't believe I found another person who loves brussel sprouts! I absolutely disgusted my family when I ate them yesterday... something was said about them giving off a strong odor. :P

Agree with the loving brussel sprouts but also agree with the stinkiness. But still tasty!

I struggle with peanut butter (the creamy kind) and bread. Must.....stay.....away....
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Huge brussel sprout fan here! They are so wonderful!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    coconut water/kefir/fruit smoothies
  • Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am all for the bagel and cream cheese... YUM! Just makes me feel good inside. Also, canned tomatoes. I am a freak for them. So good and only 75 calories in the whole can :D It makes me feel full annnnd it tastes good. :D
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hot Green Tea with Lemon. LOVE IT!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My list would be surprisingly long because I have been on a mission to find foods I enjoy and can eat on a daily basis within my macros. Here are a few..

Avocados
    Hummus- Roasted Pine Nuts
    Jamba Juice Jubilee frozen Yogurt and Sorbet bars
    Nuts of all sorts - pistachio, pine, almond, cashews, walnut ...
    Fage Greek (plain) Yogurt w/ fresh fruit
    PB2
    Teas - all sorts
    Coconut milk and water
    Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
    Justin's nut butters (in moderation)
    Gnu bars
    Laughing Cow light cheese wedges

... and ... Nutella ... this probably shouldn't even be on the list but it makes me happy!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm on the sprouts wagon too! Had some yesterday!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Vermont maple syrup makes me incredibly happy. So does Nutella.

Spinach is another that makes me feel good afterwards. And I do love cheese (Gromit).
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like lots of color. Mixed fresh fruits and mixed fresh sauted veggies make me feel good. I even feel the urge to take picture of the food because it looks so pretty. :)
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Water Melon,Strawberries,Peppermint mocha coffe,sour dough bread,and taco bell!!!!
  • Caligalslim
    Options
    Since starting mfp i'm becoming obsessed with spinach it's has took the place of my chips addiction :laugh:
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    avacado with salt and lemon! :love:
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with Laughing Cow cheese spread, grapes, pistacios on whole wheat crackers. YUMMY and Energizing :happy:
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Salmon with broccoli or asparagus!!!