confused

Options
Hi I have been on MFP for about 3 months now I lost 12 pounds then went back up and am at a 5 lb weight loss. Ok so i have been reading about upping calories. i am at like 1600 right now I work out 5 times a week and I am not losing. I feel like i have cut back alot being I use to be a binge/bulemic eater. I am getting discouraged. I was gonna up them to 2200 because after checking my BMR TDEE thats what it said and I freaked out because I thought that was alot. Any feedback I need it please

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Could you make your diary public? It's easier to give advice on subjects like this when others can see what you are eating.
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    It is public. I know I havent cut out alot of stuff but to me it is alot compared to eating like a whole bag of chips or a whole container of ice cream or like 4 peices of cake instead of one or having 2nd or 3rds at dinner.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    What exactly is your BMR, and what exactly is your TDEE?
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Your diary is open only to your friends, not the public so posters here cannot comment.
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    Oh ok i will open it right now
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    I went to quickbmr.com and my bmr is 1826 TDEE 2830
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Dude..my fiancee has been working out with me and only EATING 1300 per day and she has lost 12 lbs in 2 months. LOWER your cals.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Dude..my fiancee has been working out with me and only EATING 1300 per day and she has lost 12 lbs in 2 months. LOWER your cals.

DUDE you're wrong.

I don't know what your fiance's BMR or TDEE is but she could potentially be eating too little. There are hundreds of women on this site who are eating a lot of food and losing quite substantial amounts of weight. I'm glad it's working for your fiancee but the 1200 base standard is a load of ****.
  • GoldspursX3
    Options

DUDE you're wrong.

I don't know what your fiance's BMR or TDEE is but she could potentially be eating too little. There are hundreds of women on this site who are eating a lot of food and losing quite substantial amounts of weight. I'm glad it's working for your fiancee but the 1200 base standard is a load of ****.

That is awesome for you but she isn't eating 1200 calories. So your statement is BS. Sucks for you! Keep making excuses to eat more. The fact of the matter is have a calorie reduction, plus clean eating, plus exercising equals weight loss.
  • Lozze
    Options
    That is awesome for you but she isn't eating 1200 calories. So your statement is BS. Sucks for you! Keep making excuses to eat more. The fact of the matter is have a calorie reduction, plus clean eating, plus exercising equals weight loss.

Yes the extra 100 calories makes ALL the difference.

What excuses? I've lost 75lbs in 9 months. By eating more calories then you are recommending.

Since you're the font of all knowledge (and we'll ignore the fact that what you've stated is wrong and is not the only way to lose weight) please explain how I've managed to achieve that weight loss by 'making excuses' How hundreds of women on this site are achieving weight loss (or the ones who are at goal/maintenance and have BANGING bodies) if your statement that eating more calories is wrong.
  • GoldspursX3
    Options

Yes the extra 100 calories makes ALL the difference.

What excuses? I've lost 75lbs in 9 months. By eating more calories then you are recommending.

Since you're the font of all knowledge (and we'll ignore the fact that what you've stated is wrong and is not the only way to lose weight) please explain how I've managed to achieve that weight loss by 'making excuses' How hundreds of women on this site are achieving weight loss (or the ones who are at goal/maintenance and have BANGING bodies) if your statement that eating more calories is wrong.

Im sorry but where did I say this is what EVERY woman should be eating?? Obviously what the OP has done so far hasn't worked so I gave my OPINION!
  • Lozze
    Options
    Yes losing 5lbs out of 12 (based on her ticker) she's done terrible.

OP are you going to be opening your diary?
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Say, I just checked to look at your diary, and it's still only for friends.
  • GoldspursX3
    Options
    yep..5 lbs in 12 months. wow. my 26 lbs in 63 days is nothing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I went to quickbmr.com and my bmr is 1826 TDEE 2830

You should not be eating below your BMR for a sustainable and healthy weight loss. You should aim to be between 1830 and 2330 - I know it sounds a lot, but this is 500 - 1000 below the amount of energy you are expending. If you have less than 50lb to lose, you should aim for a 500 calorie deficit = 1lb a week. Yes you can lose more by eating less, but this will enable you to have a more sustainable 'lifestyle change' (sorry for the cliche). I have not suffered with an ED, so please take this advise in that context, but it would seem to me that a very restictive low calorie diet would leave you at greater risk of relapsing and bingeing. With higher calories (as long as you have the deficit) you should be able to lose weight, keep yourself satisfied and I would imagine less likely to binge.