Heart Rate Monitor Calories Counter

Options
2»

Replies

• MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use my Garmin Forerunner when I hike/walk outside, it has a GPS built-in so I'll get the route mapped out.

After a workout it transfers all data to my computer automatically and I see everything in Garmin Connect (the online application). I also use the watch during classes in the gym to monitor my heart rate and get the calories spent.

It has a touch screen and is very easy to use. It's an expensive watch, but I love love love it!

Is it the Forerunner that does or does not use HR in calorie calculations?

Test - start a workout and go for a drive. Upload data and see what calorie estimate was?

Yes, it uses HR when calculating, I have the Forerunner 610.
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use my Garmin Forerunner when I hike/walk outside, it has a GPS built-in so I'll get the route mapped out.

After a workout it transfers all data to my computer automatically and I see everything in Garmin Connect (the online application). I also use the watch during classes in the gym to monitor my heart rate and get the calories spent.

It has a touch screen and is very easy to use. It's an expensive watch, but I love love love it!

Test - start a workout and go for a drive. Upload data and see what calorie estimate was?

I have the same, Garmin Forerunner 110 and it does. I've tested it in everyday lifre and found out that I burn only 70 cal per hour during working (sitting at the computer).

I'm going to the same, ware it for a full day at work just to see what it gives. I also have a desk job.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bUMP!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I have the same, Garmin Forerunner 110 and it does. I've tested it in everyday lifre and found out that I burn only 70 cal per hour during working (sitting at the computer).

I'm going to the same, ware it for a full day at work just to see what it gives. I also have a desk job.

Folks - HRM calorie estimates are based on formula's that ONLY apply during aerobic level activities.
    Below about 90 bpm is useless info as it is totally inaccurate. Same with anaerobic activities.

Forget wearing them all day, useless info.
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Folks - HRM calorie estimates are based on formula's that ONLY apply during aerobic level activities.
    Below about 90 bpm is useless info as it is totally inaccurate. Same with anaerobic activities.

Forget wearing them all day, useless info.

oh, yes, sure. i did just a test for one hour, to see the difference and to be sure that it is really taking into calculation my bpm when calculating burned calories. and it does, so i'm fine ;-)