logging too little food

Options
i have seen a few posts on here about people deleting friends for not eating enough food. am i missing something??? lik first off i dont log every single thing i eat and second off i dont look at peoples diaries really much at all so why is this so important to people? like is there some feature or something that i am missing out on by looking at others food?

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    It could be that the people that are deleting other for not having enough food in said friends diaries could be;

upset that they aren't being honest about it and not doing themselves any favors

are trying to make apparent to the people that their ideas are not the same as theirs and there for don't get along anymore

have possibly talked to the people before about health concerns they have about them not eating enough and have become tired of talking about it

find that this is the only way to make a point/ or get their attention

Really could be anything...

Edit to say that I have not deleted anyone for any of these reasons. Sorry for those that have :(
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people if they're making choices that seem unhealthy to me. If I have a friend thats only logging 800-900 cals a day, I don't really agree with that and I delete them. Its their choice to make. I just don't feel like I have to be a part of it.
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW! You bring up a very good topic. First off ....we are supposed to be here to cheer each other on, help each other, and be their "FRIENDS". Now in your personal life do you base your friendships off of what your friends eat or drink to determine if you can be friends or not? To me that is CRAZY! You can encourage them if you choose, you can scold them if you choose, you can ignore their lack of good choices if you choose but ultimately it DOES NOT AFFECT your own life in any way! You make your own choices for yourself and if that is their choice they have to take the consequences for that, but to simply delete someone for not following "your" idea of what they should be doing is just petty and ridiculous. People need time to figure things out for themselves and just maybe months down the road they will figure it out and it could be my looking at YOUR diary or habits! Personally my calories range anywhere between 800-1500 calories a day...it depends on my hunger, the type of food I am eating, water I am drinking etc..I listen to my body..today my body said you fed me dang good food full of nutrients NOT calories and 808 is enough for today and I am stuffed! But tomorrow I may want 1500 or maybe 3 days from now!

Who are we to judge anyone? Who are we to say what is right or wrong for someone or their body? UGH...this makes me very sad! People are way to quick to judge others and way to easy to give up on people these days!

Ok, there is my 2 cents..lol
  • skyocom
    skyocom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW! You bring up a very good topic. First off ....we are supposed to be here to cheer each other on, help each other, and be their "FRIENDS". Now in your personal life do you base your friendships off of what your friends eat or drink to determine if you can be friends or not? To me that is CRAZY! You can encourage them if you choose, you can scold them if you choose, you can ignore their lack of good choices if you choose but ultimately it DOES NOT AFFECT your own life in any way! You make your own choices for yourself and if that is their choice they have to take the consequences for that, but to simply delete someone for not following "your" idea of what they should be doing is just petty and ridiculous. People need time to figure things out for themselves and just maybe months down the road they will figure it out and it could be my looking at YOUR diary or habits! Personally my calories range anywhere between 800-1500 calories a day...it depends on my hunger, the type of food I am eating, water I am drinking etc..I listen to my body..today my body said you fed me dang good food full of nutrients NOT calories and 808 is enough for today and I am stuffed! But tomorrow I may want 1500 or maybe 3 days from now!

Who are we to judge anyone? Who are we to say what is right or wrong for someone or their body? UGH...this makes me very sad! People are way to quick to judge others and way to easy to give up on people these days!

Ok, there is my 2 cents..lol

I totally agree! I am here for my goals and haven't looked at anyone else's diary unless they've asked. They suffer if they choose not to use MFP to it's full potential.
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sky :) It's good to hear others feel the same.