Very mad

Options
So I live at home and work full time. There was not enough time to make my lunch and I had 3 dollars. Instead of getting Ramon noodles bc it is super bad for you, I sliced 2 apples and ate it with peanut butter. I ate a alot of peanut butter too. I look at the calories. I might as well have eaten the ceappy Ramon noodles. i am so mad!!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I hate that about peanut butter... its good for you in moderation though :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    So I live at home and work full time. There was not enough time to make my lunch and I had 3 dollars. Instead of getting Ramon noodles bc it is super bad for you, I sliced 2 apples and ate it with peanut butter. I ate a alot of peanut butter too. I look at the calories. I might as well have eaten the ceappy Ramon noodles. i am so mad!!

I try to plan my meals for work, the day before. Also, I dont carry cash or change to work, so I'm not tempted to eat garbage. But in your case, it was either that or starve.... I'll take the apples and peanut butter of starving. Better planning, buddy.

sarge
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    The calories may have been close to the same but it was still by far a lot better of a choice! You get sooo many more benefits from peanut butter than you do with ramen noodles. And, ramen noodles can fill you up for a little while and then leave you hungry again where peanut butter will satisfy you longer becuase of all the protein. Don't beat yourself up, you made a great choice!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up, those apples and too much PB still had more nutrients, health benefits, and good fat then then the ramen noodles which wouldn't have kept you full very long, and i don't even wanna think of the sodium content.... next time just premeasure out you rPB before diving in :wink:

I think you still made the better choice!

PG:flowerforyou:
  • xsargex
    Options
    yeah no kidden. Plus the f'n sodium level is so high in Ramen Noodles, you might as well be a waterbuffalo.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with what everyone else has said --- much healthier choice!!! Calories alone don't equate to healthy. Apples and PB is much healthier! It was a MUCH better choice!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    Ramen noodles are loaded in simple carbs. They are nothing but starch. They spike your glucose level super high and and body is forced to overcompensate thus converting most of those carbs into fat stores. Ramen noodles don't provide you with any nutrients or energy either so you would have been hungry in an hour (crash and burn of sugar). You made a much better choice. I eat peanut butter on toast everday despite the high calories and fat. 1 or 2 slices of toast with 2 tbls of PB on each will keep me going all day. I sometimes am not even hungry for lunch which i know is bad to skip.
  • xsargex
    Options
    Speaking of Ramen Noodles. A couple months ago, a colleague of mine was nukin' up sum ramen.
    He breaks up the block of dried noodles to find a ****-roach buried inside. Think of that next time you decide to suck down that sodium brick.

Personally, I probably would have just ate it anyway...beggers can't be choosers.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    natural peanut butter is a staple in a healthy diet

It is good for you and its a great option for a late night snack
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support. You made me feel better. I usually make my lunch and snacks before hand ..... I was very ticked off because there was not one thing to make for breakfast but sure enough there was a big TUBE of potato salad from the night before; I was angry and just left without making anything; I didn't realize my bank account was so low so I bought breakfast items to store in my fridge at work and didn't have enough for lunch. It goes with the territory of living at home. My dad use to be a health freak so he understands my eating habit's but he is a man and doesn't check the status's..... now I am venting so I will just stop here lol
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options

It was natural so thats a plus :)
  • xsargex
    Options
    I am venting so I will just stop here lol

• NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I am venting so I will just stop here lol

lol
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

It was natural so thats a plus :)

good lol

and just remind yourself, just because its higher in cals doesn't mean its worse for you. Same with peanuts, cottage cheese, etc....