hiiiiii. : )

Options
hey there guys! my name is courtney. i've always been overweight, my highest weight was 234 lbs, last year. after my mom passed of lung cancer last may, i decided for me and for her, that i would start living a healthier life. as of now i'm 208 lbs, and still going strong in my journey. i recently joined mfp after leaving weight watchers. mfp is such a great tool! and the message boards, from what i've searched, are wonderful.

i hope to make new friends here! i'm currently doing the 30 day shred, and working on my eating habits. it's kind of tough when you're a manager at a fast food place though...that's silly to read, isn't it? a fast food manager wanting to live healthy! i'm trying my best!

Replies

• kvrnmom02
    kvrnmom02 Posts: 14
    Options
    Not silly at all. Just because you serve (or even eat) fast food doesn't mean you shouldn't be healthy. Moderation is the key I think. Good Luck to you.

I have 80-90lbs to use and right now that amount seems so impossible. I'm going in stages and just taking it one day at a time right now.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! The people on here are a great motivation! I'm on here all the time, so feel free to add me! :-)
  • kilime50
    kilime50 Posts: 37
    Options
    Not silly at all. we all are on the same journey no matter what kind of work we do. Welcome and feel free to add me.
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, Courtney! I feel your pain about working around food...I work at an amazing rib place. Luckily, we have some healthy options, but when it's busy, who has time to order and eat shrimp? lol We have similar starting and current weights, and I have been reading about so many people doing the 30 Day Shred. I'd love to hear your opinion on it! I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. The loss of mine is part of why I'm doing this, too. (Are we long-lost sisters? hehe) And a big congrats on your achievements so far!
  • NanoPacket
    Options
    Welcome, You will find lots of support on this website. Good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me :-)
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    hey there guys! my name is courtney. i've always been overweight, my highest weight was 234 lbs, last year. after my mom passed of lung cancer last may, i decided for me and for her, that i would start living a healthier life. as of now i'm 208 lbs, and still going strong in my journey. i recently joined mfp after leaving weight watchers. mfp is such a great tool! and the message boards, from what i've searched, are wonderful.

i hope to make new friends here! i'm currently doing the 30 day shred, and working on my eating habits. it's kind of tough when you're a manager at a fast food place though...that's silly to read, isn't it? a fast food manager wanting to live healthy! i'm trying my best!

Not silly at all you just have to adjust that is all and from the sound of it you are taking the steps to do so. If you need a friend you can add me always looking forward to having great friends...
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am here to get rid of the baggage I stuffed in myself due to my mothers condition (explained on profile) and my hubby is the manager at the local home cookin restaurant. at my worst I was 228, now 207! Only been here just under 2 weeks and the people are so amazing and supportive!!

Congrats on your progress thus far!! Feel free to add me for we can never have too much support!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Welcome Courtney!! Feel free to add me : )
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So glad you're here! My heart goes out to you for the passing of your Mother. I'm doing the 30DS too...just started 3 days ago. I'm sending a friend request. I hope we can help each other keep moving!!
  • cwe1229a
    cwe1229a Posts: 34
    Options
    thanks everyone for the very warm welcome : ) <3