Bingo Lady Arms

Options
I have an issue with the under arm flab. The only arm exercises I know deal with the biceps and shoulders and this is fine and dandy, but my flab makes me really self concious about my arms. Are there any exercises I can do to at least tone them up the tiniest bit??

Replies

• kmaloz
    kmaloz Posts: 12
    Options
    I have an issue with the under arm flab. The only arm exercises I know deal with the biceps and shoulders and this is fine and dandy, but my flab makes me really self concious about my arms. Are there any exercises I can do to at least tone them up the tiniest bit??
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    "Bingo Lady Arms" - ROFL!!! :laugh:

Do you have any weights you can use? If not, push-ups are the only thing I can think of. :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I think tri-cep curls - or whatever they are called - are supposed to help also.

My bad - tricep extensions

If you google it there is lots of info on how to do it, also tricep exercises will give you more than just the one to help. Probably won't go away completely, but should help along with cardio.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    question, is it flab, or lose skin? Flab needs to be general cardio'ed away (there is no way to target fat lose, unfortunately), if it is lose skin, then building muscle would help. Lose skin happens sometimes after the fat is gone, but no muscle was built up to take it's place.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    You need to work your triceps. You can do it without weights, but it works better with. A resistance band works well too...

weights: hold a dumbell in right hand. Lift arm straight up by ear, palm facing inward. Stabilize with left hand. Bend arm at elbow back towards shoulder blades. Lift weight back up to almost straight. Repeat 8-12 times. Switch to left arm.

You can also bend over a coffee table and hold arm to side. Drop the weight down til elbow is at 90 degrees and then lift back until almost straight. Only move at elbow, these are called tricep kick backs.

resistance band: hold band in front of you across abdomen. Using only elbow, straighten arms back behind you, isolating the muscles in the back of your arms. you can do both arms at once, or you can do one at a time, anchoring the band at the opposit hip.

If you don't have dumbells or a resistance band, you can do the movements any way. Just be sure to squeeze the muscle the entire time and do the movements slowly.

Good luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    question, is it flab, or lose skin? Flab needs to be general cardio'ed away (there is no way to target fat lose, unfortunately), if it is lose skin, then building muscle would help. Lose skin happens sometimes after the fat is gone, but no muscle was built up to take it's place.

ugh. I have the loose skin issue.

They're slowly filling back up, but I think this may be what I'm stuck with.

Triceps dips are major here. I also find that more weight, fewer reps has helped. Standard shoulder/tricep and bicep exercises.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Brace yourself on a chair (with your hands) and do reverse push-ups off of it..

Bench Dips
    These can be done on the edge of a chair or bench.
    Sit on the side edge of a flat bench or the front edge of a chair.
    Place your hands on the edge of the chair right beside your glutes and grip the edge.
    To start with, your feet should be flat on the floor about two feet in front of you with your knees bent.
    Move yourself off the chair so you are now supporting yourself on your hands.
    Bend your arms, dipping your body down. Go down only as far as you feel comfortable, being careful not to bounce out of the bottom.
    Push back up, squeezing the triceps.
    It is important to keep your back close to the edge of the bench as you do these to minimize shoulder stress.
    When you're done the set, push yourself back onto the chair.
    (pic) http://www.fitstep.com/Library/Begin/exercises.htm
    I do 30 of these a day

dd

dd
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    I have the same problem and I have to agree with zenmama...the bench dips work the best...I use the window sill, though, I don't trust myself not to flip a chair over ... :noway:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree w/Zenmama bench dips rock! I do them every day. Tricep kickbacks with weights work too.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Triceps dips are major here. I also find that more weight, fewer reps has helped. Standard shoulder/tricep and bicep exercises.

OK, well, it's fixable. It looks like people have already posted some really good stuff on here. Just be aware, skin takes time to "snap back", you'll want some muscle in there and the tricep exercises are a big help for that, also, working the traps, shoulders, and biceps will help tighten up the skin in that area too. Make sure you get enough nutrience too. Vitamins C, E, A, K, and B are all very important for skin health. Selenium, copper, and zinc are all good for the skin too, but you will get plenty of these if you take a women's daily multivitamin. :smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options

OK, well, it's fixable. It looks like people have already posted some really good stuff on here. Just be aware, skin takes time to "snap back", you'll want some muscle in there and the tricep exercises are a big help for that, also, working the traps, shoulders, and biceps will help tighten up the skin in that area too. Make sure you get enough nutrience too. Vitamins C, E, A, K, and B are all very important for skin health. Selenium, copper, and zinc are all good for the skin too, but you will get plenty of these if you take a women's daily multivitamin. :smile:

You know what Banks, it's interesting you mention vitamins while trying to deal with loose skin...I think we sometimes forget how basic vitamins and minerals also help our bodies on the outside rebuild and look good just like exersice does. Thanks for the reminder.:drinker:
  • kmaloz
    kmaloz Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks y'all!!!! I don't feel quite so helpless now.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    the old callanetics one is good
    with arms outstretched behind ur back as high as is comfortable u do gentle crossover movements with both ur hands
    its very gentle but does help
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    the old callanetics one is good
    with arms outstretched behind ur back as high as is comfortable u do gentle crossover movements with both ur hands
    its very gentle but does help

Oh my gosh, those are killer, and the arm circles too....ouch, you really feel like you're doing good with those exersices!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cardio! It'll take care of other problem areas too :happy: And push ups are miracle workers lol.

:heart: Kels
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    OMG I forgot about the arm circles they can be as painful as tummy crunches :sad: