C25K COMPLETE

Options

Replies

• nwoolley
    nwoolley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi...this is for the person who is asking what C25K is. it is an app at least on the iphone. I would imagine on other devices as well? It is a running program that starts out easy and gets progressively more difficult. Designed to get you to be able to run a 5k.
  • nwoolley
    nwoolley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I just started using it the other day and I love it... so far anyway. Probably won't love it so much when it starts getting harder!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! SUCH an accomplishment! I am 131 lbs overweight and I just finished week 3 (second time doing that week) and I am scared to move on to week 4 still because I feel like I barely finished week 3. So I am sooooooo impressed as another person going through the process!!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    What is this C25K? Sounds like a running program. I do NOT run, and am very out of shape, but looking at these posts, wondering if maybe this would be a good idea to try, or should I be more in shape first?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml :flowerforyou:
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'll be there with you...I have 2 weeks left!!!
  • karegirl
    karegirl Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks!
  • nisi24
    nisi24 Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I just started week 1, day 2. I hope my results are just as successful! :smile:
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    great job!!! i'm gonna try it
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome! I'm starting week 4 on Monday. Nervous about that one! :D
  • dpedi
    dpedi Posts: 37
    Options
    I am really overweight, lazy, and I have asthma! Lol running is a cuss word in my world. But I keep seeing a lot of c25k stuff and I decided to give it a try. I couldn't even handle the week 1 workout. So I cut itin half and I'm doing 15 min instead of 30. I think Ill just do each week twice... We will see how it goes! But I am excited that it worked out for so many of y'all! I am feeling motivated to keep going!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! Fantastic job, well done. :)

I've had the app on my phone for a few months now but I just look at it and close it again.

I'm just so scared of going out and doing the first run (in case of failing, so I don't even try... fail.) in case I can't do it, or if someone sees me and laughs. One of my neighbours is also a work colleague and I don't want my huffing and puffing to be common knowledge around the office (said neighbour has a rather large mouth).

Oftentimes I make a deal with myself to wake up early and go out when people are mostly still asleep, but when I'm up at 5am for work on weekdays, I like my time in bed at weekends! I just need to suck it up! But the fear kinda paralyses me.
  • Ms_Lassie
    Ms_Lassie Posts: 24
    Options
    Congratulations!! My last run is tomorrow (should've been today but life got in the way today). But I'm so excited about completing it tomorrow.

I have always been a piker when it comes to running and it was completely mental. Now I have pushed through it and it feels fantastic. Bonus has been the boost to the weight loss (4kgs in 10 weeks) and I now get a bit cranky if I don't get out for my run now - never would that have happened before!!

Although I am running the 30mins non stop it is taking me about 35-38mins to do the 5k so I'm thinking of heading back to week one and working on a jog/sprint interval rather than jog/walk and see if I can improve my times (hopefully by alot!). Does anyone think this would work?

Again, Super work and just keep running!!
  • Motivated_Mama
    Options
    Great job! I got back into running with the c25k. Friday, I completed week 7 of One Hour Runner (OHR) and ran for 45 minutes. I've also added a 4th day (intervals on a track) and plan to jump to 6 days a week with a 5K intermediate training schedule after OHR. Just some ideas for what to do next!
  • kellyuncanny
    kellyuncanny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!

I'm so jealous of the runners I see when I'm riding my bike. I tried a day or two of C25K but I could only run for about 20 seconds at a time and only two or three times before I gave up and walked for the rest of the session.
    Is there anyone out there that started out the same as me that finished? I'm curious.
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should be so proud. I am on w5 and alittle nervous about the 20 minutes. Thnaks for sharing your success.:smile:
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!! I started the very same way and am still on week 4. I get discouraged at times because I struggle through work outs but I know that some day I will get it! And can't wait to be able to post like you :):drinker:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    congrats.
    i start wk5 day 1 tomorrow. wk 4 pushed me. but, it was doable. seems once i get the first run round out of the way i am good to go. maybe i need different warm up.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm starting Week 3 tomorrow. Your post is encouraging and inspiring. xoxo
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    this is EXACTLY what i wanted to hear..I made it to week 2 and gave up last year, and now gonna start it again as of tomorrow.

Congratulations for completing the program, and thank you for sharing your successes ..very inspirational.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Way yo go!!!! Great feeling isn't it!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!