Newbie UK

Options
Hi all,

New to this site and will be starting my healthy lifestyle change as from tomorrow! I'm Natasha from Morecambe, Lancashire, UK, 28 y/o, recently single after a 6 year relationship, mummy to a 17 month old and have been your classic yo-yo dieter since the age of 14! I'm hoping with the support of this site and tracking my food will finally help me shed the weight. I have over 9st to lose so have a very long journey ahead of me.

I am looking for buddies too. :)

Replies

• EmmaLouiseClayCHANGEDjk
    Options
    I'm 25, UK (staffs) and have a 22m old. Feel free to add me.
  • butterbeanz
    butterbeanz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Natasha

I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you, and I only joined five days ago but already I have lost a good few pounds. I think it is the fact that tracking everything makes me aware of the snacking I didn't seem to notice before ;-)

Good luck, and I am sure you will start seeing results very soon - I hope the sunny weather and the thought of getting out on the beach with your little one keeps you going :-)
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 from bournemouth... still have 70lbs to go..x
  • Little_Missy30
    Options
    Hi guys x thanks for the messages have added you all :) xx
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options
    Hey there saw your forum post. I am also on the lookout for new buddies on here
  • Little_Missy30
    Options
    Added you :)

p.s how do you add weight loss tracker to end of posts? x
  • billy920
    billy920 Posts: 1
    Options
    welcome and good luck,this site really does work as i have been doing this for 12 weeks and have lost over 51lbs already!x
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Request sent your way!
  • Little_Missy30
    Options
    wow thats brilliant!!! x
  • Little_Missy30
    Options
    Thanks chick xx :)
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hi there im also from uk ,im first time mum and my lo is 5 months i have about 60ib to loose n seems like a long jorney too but we here now so time to get fit add me if u like :)
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I live in Lincolnshire on the fens, have 10 1/2 stone to lose & have yo-yoed all my life. I am 49 & holding on very tight, have 3 children all grown up, am disabled, live with my lovely husband & a mad briard dog plus 2 bengal cross cats. Feel free to add me if you think I can help. I have to lose it this time & learn to keep it off even when I am under stress (every time I have regained weight plus a little bit more it has been when something has gone badly wrong in life).Good luck & tracking even bad days is the way forward because you learn what makes you tick & also you often find that you have not been as "bad" as you think you have so don't go & have a blow out after a small bit of naughtiness
  • Little_Missy30
    Options
    Have added you both - grumpya Leylaos :) I need all the help support i can get :) Good luck to you both and thanks for ur messages :)
  • NewNeet
    NewNeet Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Natasha,

I'm Anita, from Bolton, 33 years old.

Feel free to add me hun x
  • trinitymel1982
    Options
    hi I'm in the UK if you want to add me, I'm a single mum to mine are 9,7 and 5 though this losing and keeping off weight can be hard with little ones to look after x
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, found this site about 3 months ago, and it really keeps me on track, and all my MFP friends are great motivators! Feel free to add me, but do go to the UK groups... we have Team UK, and some local UK groups (eg about 15 of us so far near Portsmouth), and there is a new UK challenge running for another 6 weeks, Southern Softies vs Northern Numpties vs Scotland - the Scots won the first week! Second week being calculated today.
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi, I'm Natasha also! 23 from birmingham. I'll add you now. Feel free to add me as well my fellow uk people :) x
  • nikkis01
    nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Natasha, Im 32 and live in Cumbria and I have 2 kids - I have a bout 10 stone to lose and have been on here about 6 weeks! Ive always found it really difficult to lose weight but after a few rocky weeks trying to find my feet and making small changes Im definately on my way! Im on here every day and found it to be a huge help! Feel free to add me, same goes for anyone else :)
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Jenn. Feel free to add me. Sending a request your way :)
  • Xchristie_89X
    Options
    Hi im new on here just signed up, im christie 23 from worcester, i have at least 7 stone to get rid of but hopefully more before my wedding in 13 months which isnt very realistic to me atm since i have been yo yo dieting for years with no luck as i lose determination and will power quickly, anyone feel free to add me, the support would be much appreciated :)