Looking for some advice

Options
I'm curious how I gained 5 lbs in a week when my calorie estimates suggest I will lose 1.5 lb per week. Anyone mind reviewing my diet/exercise for the week and pointing out anything I might not already know (I know fast food is bad). Could not drinking water cause this? I probably only average 2-3 bottles a day then 2-3 diet sodas and 1-2 cups of milk.

Replies

• bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    lb wont be fat, itll most likely be water weight :) it should come off
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You're doing heaps of exercise, it can make you retain water while your muscles repair themselves :) don't worry!
    Otherwise, when you started did you say you had sedentary, moderate exercise etc? You may have overestimated the amount of exercise you do in a day?
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    I had a look at your diary, and I might be inclined to eat more fresh vegetables and fruit, and cut down on the cheese sauces and pasta a bit. I agree with above though, you shouldn't have gained 5 pounds, likely it will come right in a few days, but I think long term health wise you would really benefit from slowly adding more fresh produce to your diet. Good luck!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You have gone over your goal on quite a few days, sometimes significantly, which will have reduced your calorie deficit. The other thing I noticed from your diary is that you're consuming a lot of sodium. Do you normally have that much? Excess sodium makes you retain water which will show up on the scale. I read another post where you said you've been eating more fast food than normal, so that's probably made your body retain extra water.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You may not like this but:

half your week is over your calorie goal (and not just by a few)

Every day your over your sodium you have alot of sugar

AND YOU EAT TOO MANY MCDONALDS!

Sorry just stating fact! you asked for opinions
  • sarah_529406
    Options
    I noticed that you are eating alot of sodium... I would suggest trying to cut back on that , and drink as much water as you can
  • vudani
    vudani Posts: 5
    Options
    You're doing heaps of exercise, it can make you retain water while your muscles repair themselves :) don't worry!
    Otherwise, when you started did you say you had sedentary, moderate exercise etc? You may have overestimated the amount of exercise you do in a day?

I put the second from most accurate and based on the criteria it seems most accurate. I push harder than anyone I've ever seen when playing Racquetball/Tennis so IDK.
    I had a look at your diary, and I might be inclined to eat more fresh vegetables and fruit, and cut down on the cheese sauces and pasta a bit. I agree with above though, you shouldn't have gained 5 pounds, likely it will come right in a few days, but I think long term health wise you would really benefit from slowly adding more fresh produce to your diet. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm gettin groceries today. My paycheck is stuck in the mail and I've had a lotta tests with little time to do anything tbh. Pasta is cheap. I'll see what I can find.
    The other thing I noticed from your diary is that you're consuming a lot of sodium. Do you normally have that much?

I agree it's quite excessive. I'm workin on changing some of the regular foods I eat. I don't like to cook so I go for a lotta frozen stuff =/
    half your week is over your calorie goal (and not just by a few)

Every day your over your sodium you have alot of sugar

AND YOU EAT TOO MANY MCDONALDS!

Balancing everything out the week is about equal to the goal defecit. A large portion of the sugar comes from Dextrose in my PWO shake as well as Milk sugar. Any McDonalds is too many, I know =)

I'll see what happens tomorrow since I'll probably play myself to complete exhaustion with Tennis. Thanks for the replies, I'll work on improving.