skinny guys

Options
jily32
jily32 Posts: 16
I have been married to my husband for about a year now and have put on about 30 pounds while he has stayed the same. He is 6'2" and between 120-125. I'm 6'1" 157 and I feel huge next to him, but I love him, how do guys do it

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you can be 6'2 and 125 if you are healthy. For that height, I would believe 150 or 160 for extremely thin, but not 125.
  • jily32
    Options
    I don't believe you can be 6'2 and 125 if you are healthy. For that height, I would believe 150 or 160 for extremely thin, but not 125.
    He is a big runner and very active and he eats probably twice as much as me but stays skinny
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

My son is 6'1 and weighs around 120lbs. He is very healthy as our diets are full and nutritious, he is eating constantly, he just seems to burn it all off easily. He looks very skinny which was horrible for him growing up as he was teased about it, had him checked by paediatricians who gave him a clean bill of health. My brothers are the same, they cannot put weight on so basically it's genetics and they are all very healthy.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my husband for about a year now and have put on about 30 pounds while he has stayed the same. He is 6'2" and between 120-125. I'm 6'1" 157 and I feel huge next to him, but I love him, how do guys do it

The first thing is that you need to stop comparing yourself to him,be your own person and work to get where you want to be as far as healthy for you.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    6'1" 157 is NOT a bad ratio just so you know.

6'2" 121 is VERY thin for a guy. Put it this way, I'm 6'2" and 182 lbs and I'm very thin myself (looking to eventually be 190 to 195) and have a good body fat % (about 12% right now, looking to get to 10.5 though)

it's all about body fat % and lean mass. Carl is right, stop comparing yourself to a male, the numbers don't work, men have higher ratio of lean mass to fat and denser bones, weight is arbitrary.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to be 6"1 and 157 pounds! I am 5"4' and 153 :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I guess we are all jealous of those few people who have a "fast" metabolism. I'd give anything to be thinner rather than fatter.
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    My hubby is 5'2" and weight 145. Hes got a little pooch belly and im 5'7" and weigh 287 so big comparrison there. I dont look right next to him but if hes awesome enuf to overlook that issue im capable of it too
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    lmao... I know what you mean. I stayed with my parents recently, and jumped on their scale. I am 5'7" and my brother is maybe 5'10" ... not super skinny, but a bit of a 'weed' according to himself, lol. I stated my weight to mum while he was in the room, and he says 'that's how much I weigh' and makes a face like this: o_O. We both screwed up our faces, looked at each other from top to bottom. Once we each saw the other's legs, we both nodded.

I asked him if he's been spending much time chasing chickens, and he asked me if my job involved kicking down buildings.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'll be shocked if I ever end up below 180lbs. Anyway, just don't worry how you look against him. Most people either don't notice or don't care, especially as you're not morbidly obese. I'm 270 now and my 5'5" girlfriend is 105 pounds - nobody has ever mentioned our size difference.
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    how do guys do it
    He is a big runner and very active and he eats probably twice as much as me but stays skinny

So you actually knew the answer already, you do realise exercise burns calories right? Not so hard to eat plenty if you are doing lots of cardio. I'm also a big runner and I usually have one more full meal than my girl each day.

Also seriously I'm 5'6" and I weigh about the same as him, that weight at his height doesn't sound healthy. Bro needs to eat more.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    how do guys do it

So you actually knew the answer already, you do realise exercise burns calories right? Not so hard to eat plenty if you are doing lots of cardio. I'm also a big runner and I usually have one more full meal than my girl each day.

Also seriously I'm 5'6" and I weigh about the same as him, that weight at his height doesn't sound healthy. Bro needs to eat more.

Hmm... I don't know... sometimes those skin-and-bone people live to be 100
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Im just under 6"2 and 204lb's (was 213 lbs in my profile pic.) I dont think I could get below 180 ( not that I would want to) without cutting off my head.I have never seen or heard of a 6"2 man weighing 120lbs.
  • lexcelsior
    lexcelsior Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hehe... my boyfriend is 6'2", around 135lbs. He eats a lot (good and bad foods), doesn't exercise at all (a sedentary geek) and can't gain weight if you threw it at him to catch! He's almost a foot taller than me, but is my GOAL weight. Sheesh.

He says he gets it from his dad, who's around 6'4" and is only gaining weight now because he's getting older. And of course, it's just a little belly. Pffft.

Men. ;)
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Did you mean 120 kilograms? That would make more sense. ;)
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the 125 pound 6 foot 2 inch man. My husband is the same height and he'd be a skeleton at 125 pounds! Please post a picture!
    By the way ... don't compare yourself to him. Obviously, we all have different body types and problem areas. Work on you and be pleased for yourself when you see changes!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Did you mean 120 kilograms? That would make more sense. ;)

Actually no. 120 kg is 264 lbs. For a 6'2" man, that would be BMI of 33.9, "Obese (Class 1)."
  • jily32
    Options
    I can't get past the 125 pound 6 foot 2 inch man. My husband is the same height and he'd be a skeleton at 125 pounds! Please post a picture!
    By the way ... don't compare yourself to him. Obviously, we all have different body types and problem areas. Work on you and be pleased for yourself when you see changes!
    It doesn't bother me at all, just that some guys can not gain weight no matter how hard they try
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    don't confuse being thin with being healthy.

lots of skinny people get heart disease and diabetes.

I actually am thankful I cannot eat whatever I want and not put on weight. If that were the case I would not eat as nutritious as I do now. And I will probably live another 20 years because of that.